Chapter Twelve

We had been dating with Bence for four months when I decided it was the time to shock my folks. By the time I already managed to get rid all my revulsions about making love to a man. As Adri said it, I took out a long forgotten straight girl subroutine from an old directory. That was Chinese to me, just as everything she said on that cute computer geek language of hers.

Our relationship was evolving extremely fast. I probably should've been surprised by it, or at least be scared a little, but it felt so natural, I didn't mind the pace for a second. By the end of the Spring we lived together, even though I had never moved in together with anybody before, even in much longer relationships. We even made an own rules of relationship. Well, it would be more precise to say, Bence made our rules of relationship, and I wasn't allowed to comment or have an open opinion about it. Right? I know how dictatorian that sounds, but in fact, it couldn't have been any further than that. The rules actually was just rule, not plural. Bence allowed me to have affairs with other women, as long as he was kept completely oblivious about it. And he didn't expect anything in return, not even the same wild card.

I was deeply in love with him, of course I didn't want to live with the chance, but the gesture meant everything to me. Why would I have wanted to use it? Despite all my prior fears, I felt no revulsion having sex with him. It took only a few occasions to lose all my inhibitions about making love with men. Well, at least with him. It was made even clearer by Bence's favorite way of pissing me off. He found it amusing to send me dickpics in worktime. Of course not about his, as he didn't want to make me hate that one too. I was angry for not knowing how to take revenge on him for weeks until I realized how to utilize an IT best friend. The idea was born, Adri turned it into an animation, so next time I received a dickpic, I answered it with a short video of me in Harley Quinn costume hitting him in the crotch with a huge mallet. Of course, it wasn't academy award level of CGI, but it immediately stopped the dickpic shower.

I ventured far from the topic. So, it was mid-summer, when I told my folks, I'd take my new partner to a Sunday family lunch. Of course, they were thrilled for the opportunity, because it went so well last time when I introduced Zsuzsi to them.

They waited in front of the gate when we arrived, and I couldn't wait to see their faces when they realize I came with a man.

I got out the car first and kissed mom and pa, while Bence took care of everything in the car. When he got out too, my father became puzzled only for a second, but my mother immediately took me by the arm and dragged further away out of the earshot of the boys before Bence could say a thing.

"Seriously!?" she scolded me. "If you really want to be with a woman who's this masculine, why don't you date a man instead?

I tittered.

"What's so funny!?" she 'shouted' silently.

I did try to sweep the amusement off my face, but it was way too entertaining.

"He isn't a woman. A guy. He's named Bence."

For a moment mom.exe stopped working.

"Then does it mean" she tried to find the connection to reality "he's... you know..."

"A soldier too? Yes."

"No. You know. Like you..."

"Stubborn? Crazy?" I asked back. I knew exactly what she meant, but it felt so great to make her say it.

"No" she raised her voice only as much as my father and Bence couldn't hear it. "You know. Gay" she whispered the last word so quietly, even I could barely hear.

"Why would he be gay?"

"Because... you know, I heard that you do things like that. Get together to keep up a cover."