Chapter Seventy-Four: I Probably Wanna Leave, Hehe

Start from the beginning

"Are you alright?" Five asked softly. Jordan shrugged.

"I guess so."

They fell into silence again.

"I'm gonna go give these to Diego," Jordan mumbled, holding up the clothes. Five nodded and moved aside, sticking his hands in his pockets and watching as Jordan left.

"Hey," Jordan knocked on the doorframe of Ron's room, where Diego, Klaus, and Ben sat. "These should fit you."

"Alright, thanks." Diego said, and he got up with no trouble. He grabbed the clothing from Jordan and announced he was going to the bathroom.

The three boys left stared at each other, awkward and uncomfortable. "So..." Jordan looked around. "Have you seen Ron?"

"He's downstairs with Allison and Vanya. Why?" Klaus tilted his head, slightly resembling a tired puppy.

Jordan shrugged. "Just wondering. I'll talk to you guys later? I'm gonna head to bed."

"Night," Ben said, Klaus echoing him. Jordan gave them a small wave and went back to his bedroom. 

When he entered the room, Five was laying on the bed with his shoes dangling off the edge and his hands laced behind his head. His eyes were closed and he didn't seem to notice Jordans approached.

For a moment, Jordan stood there. He just stood there and watched Five, his thoughts running wildly through his head. Everything was becoming too much again, the dull color scheme of his room becoming too bright. Ron was in trouble, Five was in trouble, everyone was in trouble. He had to help, had to find a way to keep everyone alive.

"Are you going to do anything, or are you going to stand there like a creep?" Five said, not opening his eyes. Jordan jumped as his—boyfriends?—voice cut through his thoughts like a hot knife through butter.

"Probably just stand here like a creep," Jordan replied with a small smile as he walked towards the bed. "You know me. Always the creep."

"Well, you did have a photo of Ben and I in a frame."

"I was nine. And I was discovering that I was gay." Jordan flushed red as he sat down on the bed, pulling his legs into a criss-cross-applesauce position. Five laughed, the bed slightly creaking as they both moved. After a peaceful moment of silence (although Jordans head wouldn't stop reeling), Five lazily opened one eye.

"You're so far away," Five mumbled. Jordan turned his head over his shoulder and made a face.

"I can't hear you," he responded. "You're toooooooo quiet."

"You're so far away," Five repeated, and Jordan smiled. Without warning, Five sat up and grabbed Jordan around the waist, tugging him backwards into the bed. Jordan yelped in surprise and pain as their heads knocked together. The two groaned as their heads throbbed, and then Five started giggling. Jordan looked at his lamp and giggled as well.

"I'm sorry," Five said through his laughter. "I just wanted to snuggle you, but I should've asked."

"It's alright," Jordan wriggled around until they where facing one another, brown eyes meeting green. "I'm not upset."

"Still should've asked you," said Five, his eyes never leaving Jordans. "Klaus has drilled consent into my brain. It's not a bad thing."

Jordan smiled gently. They drifted into quiet. Five sighed and rested his forehead against Jordans, closing his eyes.

"Are you okay?" Five asked quietly. Jordan arched an eyebrow.

"Yeah. Why do you ask?"

"You seem on edge. What's happening inside that brain?"

Jordan sighed, his eyes roaming over the other boys face. A few minutes passed until Five opened his eyes and gave Jordan a look.

"I'm worried," Jordan said quietly. "I...I know that whatever's gonna happen is going to be bad. Really, really bad. And I don't know what to do. About any of it. About Ron, or my powers, or Billie or time-travel or anything. And—"

"Hey," Five whispered, interrupting the other as he placed his hand in Jordans chest. "You need to breathe."

Jordan inhaled shakily; he hadn't even realized that he hadn't taken a breath.

"And, you don't need to be so worried. Ron will be safe. All of us are going to be just fine. Even Diego. Once he's feeling better, I'm going to talk to him about what The Commission did. He tried to hide it, but there was writing on his arm." Five said quietly, not removing his hand from over Jordans heart.

"What do you mean?" Jordan questioned.

"There was a scar on his arm. A sentence. I couldn't read it."

"Oh," Jordan whispered. Silence overtook then, both of them staring at each other.

"Goodnight," Five said. Jordan smiled softly and pressed a kiss to the others forehead.

They fell asleep within ten minutes.

A/N:
man i tried 😂