everything's pink

for aylas-geetar bc she wanted me to write this friends inspired one shot (basically just ross & rachel scenes from 1x05) & how could i refuse such a kind soul?
also, check out her stories bc they're amazing!

mike & el (au)

Mike Wheeler had developed a massive crush on El Hopper in the seventh grade and unfortunately for him, it never went away. It only got worse as the years went by and he was always too much of a coward to tell her how he felt.

They weren't exactly each other's type either, according to the social hierarchy established by their classmates, so that didn't give him any kind of confidence boost.

Most people in school also didn't like her because she was "a spoiled rich girl." Mike would disagree with anyone who claimed such a thing, though. He thought she was simply perfect, due to the fact that he was unashamedly head over heels in love with her.

It's silly really, given he hadn't spoken to her that much or ever really been close with her throughout the school years. She was good friends with his step sister Max, but the two had grown apart during their last few years of high school and Mike unfortunately didn't see El as much.

As fate would have it though, El had run into Max at the beginning of the summer, one conversation led to another and suddenly, the two were planning on being roommates.

Now here they are, moved off to the city, about to start their first year of college, and well, he's still madly in love with her.

Upon her arrival to the city a few weeks ago, El had gotten a job as a barista at the local coffee shop, which so happened to be the Party's everyday hang out. So, with her always being at the coffee shop, along with the fact that she now lived with Max, El had quickly found her place in their friend group. She was an official member of the Party and it seemed too good to be true. Mike had quickly gotten used to having her around a majority of the time, but her constant presence only made his ever present love for her grow.

It was a Friday morning and the Party, with the exception of Dustin, who was out with another girl he had met, were all sat around on the couch and chairs at the shop. They each had their coffee mugs in hand, El included, even though she was technically supposed to be working.

She did that a lot, not that he was complaining. Every time they'd come in, she'd drop her barista duties and join them, forgetting all about the rest of the customers.

Any other girl would have already been fired for this, but Mike was almost certain that her boss had a crush on her, so she managed to get away with it.

Really, could he blame the guy? She was so pretty, Mike would let her get away with it, too.

Eventually though, El had gotten up from her place on the couch, deciding she should probably get back to work. Mike watched her saunter over to an open table, lazily pulling a wash cloth out from her apron.

Will had disappeared off to the bathroom and Lucas was at the start of a full fledged debate with Max. This left Mike, sat on the end of the couch all alone, trying his best to admire El without getting caught.

After growing bored of sitting in silence, he hopped up off the couch, deciding to join El. She smiled sweetly when she noticed him coming over.

"So El, what are you doing tonight?" Mike casually asked, moving closer to the high top table she was currently wiping off.

"Oh, I have a big night ahead. Max and I are going down to Laund-o-rama to do our laundry." She unenthusiastically cheered, her sarcastic tone making Mike chuckle, louder than he intended.