everybody wanna take her heart away

steal my girl // one direction

mike & el

Ever since El had started high school with the rest of the Party, she had been attracting quite a bit of attention.

Some of it was bad, due to the people she associated herself with. She was often teased for being friends with "nerds" as a few of their classmates had once shouted at them, but that didn't bother her. They were her friends, she didn't care what anyone else thought.

The rest of the attention was good though, unless you were to ask Mike.

El was beautiful, Mike knew that, he told her just about every single day, but he didn't know that her beauty would attract as much attention as it did. It makes sense considering she's the new girl and is, in fact, beautiful, but he didn't expect it nor did he enjoy it.

They were trying to steal his girl and despite the fact that he knew she wasn't going anywhere, he still wasn't happy about it. 

Guys would come up to El, with desperate attempts at flirting. El, of course, knew what their intentions were, she wasn't stupid. She did, however, play it off like she was. Whenever one would call her pretty or hint that they should go out sometime, she would simply thank them and walk away, not giving them a second thought. 

But then one day, a classmate had tried to kiss her and, well, that wasn't okay. Mike was the only
person allowed to do that, so she decided enough was enough. She wasn't going to play dumb anymore. She'd tell these guys to run along, that she was already taken and had no interest in their nice, but unnecessary comments. 

Today, Mike had unfortunately gotten to witness the end of one of those exchanges and it didn't feel too great for him. He hated finding guys at her locker, looking at her in ways that made his blood boil.

"Jesus. Another one trying to steal my girl?" Mike groaned, as he leaned against the locker next to hers. "They're like animals!"

"Yeah, another one, but I just told him what I told the others." El shrugged, having grown used to the attention she seemed to keep getting. It was unwanted and unrequited, of course, but she couldn't really do much about it.

Mike only looked to her with blatant confusion on his face, not actually knowing what she had been telling the other guys.

"I told him that I'm with Mike Wheeler and I don't want to be with anyone else, ever, so they can keep on walking." She explained, before shutting her locker door and leaning against it with a proud grin.

"At least he walked away when he was supposed to. There was another guy after fifth period and it didn't end so well for that one."

"What happened?" Mike rushed to find out, once again hating that they had only one class together. Because of their completely different schedules, they barely got to see each other throughout the day. And since they barely got to see each other, he missed things, important things such as this.

"He said horrible things about you Mike." El seethed, as the guy's harsh words ran through her head once more. "I could've done much worse to him, but I held back."

"What did he say?" Mike questioned, growing more anxious by the second. "And what did you do, El??"

El hesitated for a moment, debating on whether or not she should repeat what the horrible Gavin Christianson had said to her, but decided on telling him. If it upset him, she could surely cheer him up.

"Well, first he said that you were a total loser, then he said that I didn't deserve to be someone whose only purpose in life is to serve as a punching bag for all the real men." She explained, her rage over someone saying such a thing very much present in her voice. That rage stuck around for a moment, until she was smiling proudly yet again.

"So, your girl punched him in the nose with a little extra help from up here." El bragged, pointed toward her head, shooting Mike a quick wink.

"He was so embarrassed!" She cheered, the look on Gavin's face so priceless. It was definitely worth the detention she got. Definitely. "I don't think he'll be talking about you like that ever again. I don't think anyone will!"

Mike couldn't help but enjoy her enthusiasm over how she had handled the whole situation. Honestly though, he enjoyed it too. How could he not?

The lengths she goes to to defend him, whether it be with a guy from school or a teenage boy being controlled by an inter-dimensional monster, always reminding him how extremely lucky he was to have someone who cared that much.

Mike wrapped an arm around her waist, pulling her body to his with a goofy grin on his face. "I love you, you know that?"

"I know." El beamed, resting her hands on his chest. "I love you more, though."

"Not possible." He argued with a firm shake of his head, before leaning down to capture her mouth with his. He instantly felt El's hands move up to wrap her arms around his neck, while attempting to deepen the kiss, though there wasn't much further it could go right there in the hallway.

Mike truthfully didn't give a shit where they were, nor did he give a shit about what that guy said about him. How could he care about something as silly as the opinion of some mouth breather when he had El?

El, the most amazing girl on the planet. The one who makes his world turn and puts the shining sun in the sky everyday.

She's so incredibly kind, selfless and always brings a smile to his face, not matter what. She's one of the bravest people he's ever known. Not to mention, insanely badass, or as she prefers to be called, bitchin'.

Most importantly though, she loves and cares for him more than he thought anyone ever could.

And she's his girl. His girl!

Everyone else at Hawkins High would just have to find another one, because this girl in particular would tell you that she belongs to Mike Wheeler and Mike Wheeler only.