mouth breathers

mike & el

One of Mike's favorite things to do was go to the arcade. How could he not love it? A wide selection of the finest video games created was practically nerd heaven.

He soon found though, that the arcade was even better when El was there with him.

Ever since he first took her there, she was fascinated by it and was always begging to go back. And Mike, being the wonderful boyfriend that he is, took her every single time she asked, especially once he had gotten his license.

After obtaining that key to their newfound freedom, he was able to take her wherever she wanted to go, which meant that the two practically lived at the Palace Arcade.

Mike and El had spent most of this beautiful Saturday morning there, bouncing back and forth between all the different games.

They were currently engaged in a rather intense game of air hockey, which just so happened to be one of El's favorites.

The two hit the puck back and forth, until El knocked it in, making the score 5-6.

"Yes!!" She happily cheered, victoriously throwing her hands up in the air. "Another one!"

"Hey, don't get too excited, I'm still winning!" He smugly reminded her, as he retrieved the puck from the slot on the end of the table and hit it back to her.

"Yeah, unless I... score again!" She shouted while another one slid right by the paddle in his hand. "Ha! Look at that, now we're tied!"

He playfully narrowed his eyes at her, once again placing the puck back on the table and returning it to his competitive girlfriend.

Mike could be a bit of a sore loser sometimes, so he didn't particularly enjoy the fact that he had already lost the past four games.

"It's okay, I still love you." She assured him, her voice sounding as sweet as ever. "No matter how bad of an air hockey player you are."

He looked up to find her smiling innocently, before she took advantage of the moment and knocked another one in, winning the game.

"Yes!! That makes five wins for me, zero for you!" She shamelessly bragged, shooting him a fake pout that was so cute he couldn't possibly be upset over his continuous losses. He would lose to her any day if it made her happy.

"Okay okay, let's go again." He eagerly suggested, while quickly digging his hand around in his pocket. "Shit, I'm out of quarters. You got any left?"

El set her paddle down on the table, before shoving her hand down in the pocket of her denim skirt.

"I'm out, too." She disappointedly sighed.

"Oh, I have some in the car!" He remembered, knowing that there was a cupholder full of change that would surely be enough to get them through the rest of the day. "Okay, you stay here so nobody steals the table. I'll be right back."

"Mike!" She rushed to call out, before he got too far away from her.

He spun back around immediately, a slight look of concern on his face. "Yeah?"

El grinned softly, slightly raising her brows as she waited for him to realize what she wanted. Like always, he quickly understood and happily came over to her.

She leaned up on her tip toes, meeting him halfway as he bent down and softly pressed his lips to hers.

"Thank you." She beamed, swiftly stealing one more kiss before he went off to retrieve their change.