i just wanna play with your hair

girlfriend // bea miller

finn & millie (au)

Millie woke up to the sight she had grown so used to waking up to over the past six months: a head full of curly, jet black hair resting on her chest.

She brought her hand up, lazily running her fingers through the mess of curls.

As embarrassing as it would be for her to admit to anyone other than herself, playing with Finn's hair had become her absolute favorite thing to do. It just made her feel so calm and at ease.

And it was so damn soft.

"You love playing with my hair don't you?" His muffled voice asked against her chest.

Shit, she didn't realize he was awake.

Millie pulled her hand away, causing him to lift his head up. He was clearly disappointed that she had stopped, loving the feeling of her delicate fingers.

She didn't acknowledge his childlike disappointment, instead she just rolled over to face the other side of the room. She could hear him mumble something else about her and his hair, before he threw the covers off of him. He lazily slid out of bed, then pulled on his jeans that were lying on the floor, the same jeans that were practically ripped off of him the night before. He slipped his shirt over his head, then walked out of the room.

She knew he was either going to the bathroom or making breakfast. Usually he did one of those two things after he left her bed in the mornings.

Millie stayed in the comfort of her warm bed for awhile longer, until it became a little weird that Finn still hadn't returned.

She forced herself out of bed with an exhausted sigh, then followed the noise to get to him.

"What are you doing?" She asked from where she stood, leaning against the doorframe. Finn turned around after hearing her voice, a charming grin on his face.

"I made you breakfast." He pointed back toward the table, where a plate of bacon and waffles sat, along with a glass of orange juice. "I made a mess though, so I'm just cleaning up."

Millie's brows furrowed, he was just cleaning up?

"Really? Your mess in the kitchen somehow spread to the living room?"

"It was messy in here." He shrugged, not seeing why it was a big deal.

"You don't have to do that, you know." She scoffed, crossing her arms across her chest. "It's not like you live here. You're not even my boyfriend."

Finn Wolfhard was not her boyfriend, not at all, because Millie Brown didn't do boyfriends.

In her twenty-one years of living, she had dated two guys and they both treated her like garbage. She was younger and naive then, so she put up with their bullshit for much longer than she should have. After the second relationship basically went up in flames, she swore off dating. Never again would she bring that unnecessary nonsense back into her life.

Besides, she was better on her own, she really was.

When it came to Finn, she honestly did like the guy. They had met at a concert their university was hosting on campus and hit it off as soon as they started talking.