Chapter Two {Picture Time}

Chapter Two

{Picture Time}

                “Why don’t you have pictures with Liam or Louis on your door?” I ask Ryan who has her arms crossed over her chest. Her laptop screen was still on but it just showed a purple bedroom.

                “Liam and I aren’t close. I don’t want Louis to see the ones I have.” Ryan whispers, pointing slowly to a corner. Sure enough, there are a couple pictures of her and Louis. Louis and Ryan making peace signs, Ryan kissing Louis’ cheek. Ryan and Louis dressed up as hippies. Louis and Ryan eyeing a magazine that has them on the cover. Louis and Ryan both on Twitter curled up together. The pictures were before Louis knew about this secretive plan. And you can tell they both like each other, a lot.

                “Wow.” I mutter under my breath.

                “I know I shouldn’t have them up anymore. But, I do.” Ryan shakes her head and a voice comes from the computer. Ryan spins around in her chair, looking at the laptop. She motions me over and I move over slowly, hoping that she’ll change her mind. I don’t want to be seen.

                “Who’s she?” A husky voice asks and I raise an eyebrow. I take a look at the camera and it reveals the blonde who is in the other pictures.

                “Hi.” I smile shyly at the girl, a tad bit nervous. The girl is beautiful. I swear to gawd, she could win any guy over just by smiling at them, like she is now.

                “I’m Kaylee and you are?” Kaylee tilts her head, looking at the camera. Ryan smiles slyly, leaning back in her chair.

                “I’m Katrina Bell, the girl taking over for Ryan.” I tell her quietly, not wanting to offend Ryan. But, Ryan just nods, agreeing with me.

                “Oh, so are you good at singing?” Kaylee looks at Ryan, questioning her also.

                “I don’t know.” Ryan shrugs, running a hang through her hair.

                “I don’t know either.” I snort, shaking my head. “I don’t really listen to myself when I sing.”

                “Guess Simon thought she was pretty good since she’s taking over for me.” Ryan groans, a sad look going over her face. Ryan’s phone starts to ring and she leans behind the laptop, grabbing it. She answers it, walking out of the room and leaving Kaylee and I alone.

                “Excuse Ryan if she is snooty to you.” Kaylee whispers, looking at me. “She’s just embarrassed that she got replaced over something as stupid as a plan.”

                “What was the plan? If you don’t mind me asking.”

                “Ryan at first couldn’t stand the One Direction boys. So, when Simon laid down the rules for her, she decided to break them all. That was her plan. Ryan thought that if she did the plan with any of the other boys, they wouldn’t fall for it or she would start liking them. She picked Louis, breaking all the rules with him. Kiss a boy from One Direction, date a boy from One Direction, publicize the relationship, sleep with a boy from One Direction.”

                “How did Lou find out?”

                “One of Ryan’s old friends came and told him when they were in Holmes Chapel. She brought along Ryan’s two other best friends. Ryan lost four friends and a boyfriend that day. She took Louis as a best friend and a boyfriend, they were close enough. Ryan actually cared about Louis though and she hated that plan and still hates it. It was retarded and stupid and she regrets doing it.”