Prologue

"Daryl... Daryl let her go. We can fix her she's still alive." I heard Maggie begging, trying to pull Riley from my arms, but I felt like I couldn't move. 

"What are you talking about?" I mumbled, looking up at her, and when I did, I noticed everyone was surrounding me, staring down at Riley with desperation, and a little bit of hope, in their eyes. 

"She's only passed out, from the blood loss. We need to get some blood in her, try to save her." Hershel explained, kneeling down next to Maggie, in front of my crumpled body. 

"Let's go." I grumbled, standing up anxiously, and storming back into the prison. I could hear feet pounding after me, as I stormed down the hallway, into the cell that we had used when Merle was bit, that I supposed had become the designated medical cell. When I put her on the bed, I turned, and saw Hershel digging through a bag that sat in the corner, and Rick and Carl had followed us into the cell, looking anxiously at Riley who was paler than some of the corpses I had seen before. 

"What are we doing?" I asked Hershel desperately, and he pulled some long tubing from his bag, and two IV kits. 

"You're O-neg, right?" Hershel asked, moving to sit on the bed, and sticking one of the needles into her right arm, and then removing the needle, leaving the catheter in her arm and the tubing connected to it hanging down the bed. 

"Yeah." I said, nodding, moving to his side. 

"Good. Sit. You're first." Hershel said gently, and I did so, sitting in the chair that was still next to the bed, and Hershel didn't waste time, moving my sleeve up, and sticking the needle into my arm removing the needle, leaving the catheter, and once he flipped the clamp, blood started flowing from my arm, into hers, and Hershel put a piece of tape over the tubing and the catheter to keep it in place. 

When it was all set up, Hershel moved back over to Riley, and pressed down hard on her stomach, moving his hands around like he was massaging it, and when she moaned, I knew for sure. 

She's alive.