Chapter 29 - Old Enemies Return

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."

*Alexandra*

I woke the next morning with the sun shining through the bedroom's curtain. I felt Matthew's arms around my waist holding me close to him. I smiled as I brushed a few strands of hair away from his face.

I thought about last night when we danced, the way me laughed and spoke. He made me feel happy and that made me even more grateful for him.

Matthew's body shifted as he woke, his eyes opened revealing their beautiful forest green colour. He blinked a few times as a small smile appeared on his lips.

"Morning," he said the sleep still evident in his voice. He leaned forward and placed a soft kiss on my forehead.

I looked at him and asked,"Did you sleep alright?"

He nodded removing one hand from my waist and running it through his hair, he turned onto his back, sighing deeply.

He turned his head towards me and asked,"So what are we doing today? Seeing as we don't have to worry about a ceremony anymore."

"Well today you're gonna meet the trainees for their first lesson which you'll be leading," I explained and his eyes widened before he started chuckling.

"I forgot about that, but it's good that you mentioned it. I've had some ideas for the lesson, but I needed your consent if they were okay to teach them," he said.

"You don't need my consent as long as it's techniques they can use in any situation," I kissed his cheek before getting out of bed.

"So it's okay to show them the headlock?" I heard him call after me as I walked into the bathroom to take a shower.

Just before closing the door I called back,"Yeah, but just don't let them break each other's necks. Otherwise I'll have to deal with their parents."

I closed the door and walked over to the shower turning on the water. I took off my clothes and stepped into the shower. I closed my eyes as the water hit my body.

Ten minutes later I turned the water off and got out of the shower. I grabbed a towel from the railing and wrapped it around me. I stood in front of the sink and looked at myself in the mirror.

While brushing my teeth I realised I forgot to bring a clean outfit from my closet to put on. This meant I had to walk past Matthew in just my towel. I mentally cursed myself and finished brushing my teeth.

I stood in front of the door and prepared myself for the embarrassment. I slowly opened it and walked out, I peaked around the corner towards the bed which to my delight was empty and I started walking to my closet.

Half way there the bedroom door swung open and Matthew walked in. He looked up and our eyes met for a brief second before he looked down to the towel.

I saw him blush and turn around as he apologised for barging in like that. I felt my face heat up as I turned and quickly walked towards my closet.

After getting dressed I went down to the kitchen where Matthew was sitting his head in his hands. I guessed he must've heard me come in because he lifted his head and smiled at me sheepishly.

He scratched the back of his neck as he said,"I'm sorry, I should've knocked before going in."

"It's okay, don't apologise. Besides you'll see everything eventually so don't worry," I winked at him and his blush grew a darker shade of red.

He chuckled nervously before changing the subject,"So, anyway, are we going?"

I nodded and we walked towards the front door where I grabbed the Land Rover's key and threw it in Matthew's direction. He gave me a questioning look after catching them.