Chapter 14 - Thunderstorms

*Matthew*

"Thank you."

After a few more seconds we finally let go of each other. Alexandra was looking down at the ground wiping away the last few tears. Then I heard a soft chuckle and she said," Look at me, crying like a child. I'm supposed to be a strong, confident alpha but I break down after a few beautiful words."

"Don't worry, we all need to cry eventually. I had to hold back a few tears myself," I reply sheepishly, running my hand through my hair.

"We should get going. Lisa's probably getting worried," Alexandra said then started walking in the other direction and I followed her.

When we were out of the forest she asked me,"Why did you say you would be my Odysseus? What did you mean?"

"Oh! That... Lisa told me your favourite book is the Odyssey and that you would analyse. She told me you could never understand why one man could love a woman that much that he almost lost his life because he loved her and she would say--"

"That it was his heart that kept his love for her alive and it motivated him to keep going,"she finished my sentence.

She suddenly looked up,"Sorry, I interrupted you, it's just... I've heard her said that countless of times."

I smiled and said,"She said you would say you want your mate to be like Odysseus. I was surprised that you had such high standards. I mean I'd love to sail ten years to be with you, but fighting Poseidon. I don't think I'll be able to do that."

We both laughed and she said," I mean if you hadn't already met those standards you wouldn't be here."

That was exactly the same thing Lisa had said and that made me smile. She accepted me and that meant the first wall was broken. Now we could work on our trust.

We were still walking when we heard the sound of thunder and the first raindrops began to fall. After a few seconds the rain started to pour and lightning bolts could be seen in the distance.

The rain felt good on my face. I looked over to Alexandra and saw she  was looking at the sky, her eyes closed and she was smiling. She opened her eyes and said,"Race to Lisa's house. On foot, no shifting."

I chuckled and nodded my head. We stood in our positions and started running through the rain. This time I was in front, but Alexandra was on my heels. Then I felt something around my ankle and I fell forwards, faceplanting in the grass. I heard Alexandra laughing as she stood in front of me. Knowing she was the one who tripped me I took her ankle and pulled making her fall backwards. She glared at me, but I just started laughing.

I got up and offered my hand to her and she took it. The sparks shot up my arm, but I ignored them and helped her up.

"You have mud on your face," she said out of the blue.

"Oh, I wonder how that happened?" I reply sarcastically and she smiled.

She then placed her hand on my cheek. Despite the cold rain and air her touch was warm and soft which made me lean into her touch.

I was surprised when she started leaning towards me, but I did the same. Our faces a few inches apart when a sudden crack of lightning interrupted the moment making the both of us pull away.

Then we both just started laughing. I let go of her hand and she removed her hand from my cheek.

After walking for a few more minutes we made it back to Lisa's house. We made our way towards the back door opening it slowly trying not to wake Lisa up. As we walked in we saw Lisa at the kitchen counter. Her arms folded over her chest and an amused look on her face.

"Well, looks like the storm got you good. Especially you Matthew," she said pointing towards me and I smiled a bit embarrassed, but Lisa only chuckled.

"Anyway, Alexandra, you can take a shower in my bathroom in my room and Matthew, you can go to the other bathroom. There are towels and dry clothes for both of you in your bathrooms. I'll be here making coffee for you,"Lisa said made a gesture to go upstairs.

I followed Alexandra upstairs then made my way to the other bathroom. I close the door behind me and lock it. I start taking off my clothes and got in the shower, the hot water feeling great against my skin. I wash my body and then my face getting rid of all the mud that had been there before.

When I was done I turned the shower off and got out then using the towel to dry off. The clothes Lisa had gave me were gray sweatpants and a white T-shirt. I get dressed and open the door making my way to the stairs.

I get down the hallway and walk towards the kitchen where Lisa was preparing the coffee. I took a seat at the counter when she finally saw me she handed me a cup.

Then I heard Alexandra coming down the stairs. She then came in and  sat next to me at the counter. She was wearing a black sweater and a pair of gray leggings and her hair was braided as usual.

Lisa then handed her a cup and we both sat silently, drinking our coffee.

"So, how was training?" Lisa asked breaking the silence.

Alexandra and I looked at each other. Each of us waiting for the other to answer, I then made the smart move of pretending to drink and Alexandra sighed in defeat.

"It went good. He wasn't as bad as I thought, I had to take him down with a headlock. I only use that move when I start to struggle," she said.

"Just know Matthew, I had faith in you and you didn't disappoint," Lisa said smiling at me.

"Thank you, Lisa. I'm grateful for the faith you put in me," I said smiling back at her.

Then Lisa turns back to Alexandra,"As for you, you'll be staying here tonight. I'm not letting you go out there again in the cold. I'll call Avery and tell her you'll be here, so that she doesn't worry."

A worried expression crossed Alexandra's face before she said,"But I don't want her to be alone. You know I can't leave her by herself. I'm gonna call Conrad and ask him to stay with her."

Lisa sighed and said,"It's only a few more hours before dawn." 

Alexandra gave her a pleading look and that made Lisa give in,"Fine, I'll call her and tell her you're here and that Conrad will be coming to stay there. You call Conrad and ask him."

Alexandra got up and went to the living room. Lisa then looked at me and said,"A small heads up, a Storm is very persistent and stubborn. So if you give in eventually don't feel bad."

That made me chuckle,"Who said I would give in? I can be pretty persistent and stubborn if I want to be."

That made her laugh," We'll see about that."

♤♤♤

Hey guys, my updating schedule is quite hectic at the moment, but I'm aiming for every weekend.

Anyway, If you liked the chapter please vote, comment and share.

Love you guys♡
Thea