eight;

a/n: hello and sorry for the three month hiatus woops, school got me really busy :( i kind had this chapter in my drafts for the longest time and i never really knew when to publish it. but, here it is now. enjoy ♡

-

We approached the dorm building that was about a block away from the company. I checked my text messages to see my room number and the password for the lock on the door. Room 1520. I got out the car and grabbed my bags from the trunk. My parents patiently waited in the car continuing their conversation happily. Wow, thanks for the help.

I knocked on my mother's door window cutting off their conversation. She rolled down her window asking, "What is it?" Damn mom, okay. "No goodbye? Gee, thanks." I said as I turned away and slowly walked towards the dorm building entrance waiting for my mom to rush out of the car.

As if on cue, I head two car doors burst open and four footsteps came running towards my direction. I turned around and gave them one last hug. "Good luck sweetie! You need to debut, just like you and him planned, okay?" she told me. I began to feel a bit dejected after she brought up my childhood friend again. "Alright mom. Be safe at home!" I told them. I then picked up my bags once again and headed back towards the building. I turned around once again and waved them one last goodbye before heading in.

I walked towards the elevator and hit floor 15. I walked a couple rooms down until I finally saw it. Room 1520. Even with the door shut, I head the voices of 5 other people in the room. I looked down at the keypad where the 7 digit code were to be typed in. I pulled out my phone to check the number and began punching it in. ***---- Suddenly, the door opened.

I stood there shocked as the 5 of them looked at me with a surprised look. "Jihyun! You're here!" Yerim exclaimed. I was still shocked form the sudden welcome and just smiled at all of them, until my eyes met Hyunae. My smile thinned out as she rolled her eyes and pushed her way out the door. I stood there awkwardly as they were blocking the doorway and I had no way of getting in myself.

I looked down at my bags as their eyes followed mine and they suddenly realized what needed to happen. They automatically cleared the way for me as I brought in my bags.

I looked around the surprisingly large modern living room. Everything seemed to be in place and the the room itself was kept clean. Perfect. "You'll be rooming with Eunbi if that's alright?" Jieun mentioned. I looked over to Eunbi and she just gave me a smile. "Follow me, I'll show you our room," she said. I followed her down the short hallway until we reached the very end. She opened the door and revealed the two person bedroom.

"Nice isn't it!" she said. I walked toward the empty bed and finally set my bags down. "Yeah! It's bigger than I expected!" I said kind of amazed as it was a huge upgrade from my tiny bedroom back at home. "Well we were just about to head out for some food before heading over to the company, wanna with?" she asked me.

Not really wanting to be around Hyunae too much I declined, "It's fine, I'm kinda tired from the travel. I'm just going to unpack and take a rest, but I'll meet you later." She nodded and headed out the room.

I automatically flopped onto my empty bed as I heard something fall onto the floor. I got up and looked around the floor in hopes to find it. I finally spotted the golden necklace sitting under my bed. I picked it up and took a look at the lock pendant that was sitting in the center. I placed it in a drawer in my desk trying not to think too much about it before starting to unpack my clothes and desk items.

I opened the empty dresser and began placing my wardrobe inside. Beginning with the undergarments, to my shirts and bottoms. I placed the final thing on my desk and stepped away having a view of my side of the room. I took a seat at my rolling chair and received a notification on my phone.

"tomorrow, nov. 16: death anniversary"

My breathing began to get heavy once again. It's been almost 12 years, why the hell am I still affected by this. Yet, every year I go back to where he and his mother are now resting.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when the sound of loud music was being heard directly from the room above. At first, I tried ignoring the fact their music was destroying my resting time, but I then got slightly annoyed when their conversations where being heard here in the comfort of my bed.

I need to do something about this.

I got up and made my way up to the 16th floor. I made my way down the hall as the sounds got louder and louder. I then stopped. Room 1620. I loudly knocked on their front door in hope they would hear me, but in reality I could barely hear myself think.

I knocked twice. No answer. The music continued to play loudly. I gave it another knock. Finally, the music turned down as you could hear the people on the other side telling each other to shut up.

The door suddenly opened revealing 7 bodies trying to see through the door frame. I stood there studying their faces, they look familiar? "Jihyun, what are you doing here?" one of them asked. I looked at the owner of the voice, Mark? I looked over and saw the other 6 a realized who they were. GOT7.

"Come in," they said. I followed them in as they slowly moved out of the way for me to walk through. I looked around their dorm. It was a mess. "Sorry about the mess, what's up?" JB asked. I took me a while to remember all of their names. So, thank god I knew who was who already.

I went straight to the point, "Could you please turn it down a bit. I could hear you guys from downstairs." I told them clearly annoyed. "Sorry noona," Yugyeom said as he looked down. "N-noona?" a said. "Please, I don't think we have that kind of relationship right now. Just call me Jihyun, please," I told them. I can't stand that word. Noona.

I feel like I added an unnecessary tension in the room, and I needed to get out of it. Fast. "Please, just mind the volume. I need to go now," I said as I quickly made my way towards the door. I heard them call for me, but I shut the door on them anyways. Rough.

-the next day-

I looked at myself in the mirror wearing black with some hint of white. Training didn't start until a couple hours, so I had some time to visit him and his mother.

I took the golden lock necklace as I put it in my pocket. I called a taxi and we were on our way.

I stood in front of the glass separating me and his urn. The picture frame held a photo of our two families. I looked at how our 5 year old selves were so happy. I smiled at the fact the should be in a happier place now.

I took out the necklace that was sitting in my pocket. I slowly put it on myself as I began to slightly tear up. "I'll keep our promise. I'll make sure to debut, for you," I said as I stared at his photo. I looked down at the pendant and held the lock between my thumb and index finger. "I wonder where yours is now."

I took a deep breath as I moved on to visit his mother. I hate how they can't just keep their two urns together. I walked to the other wing of the building to visit the person who left like my second mother.

I was about to turn into the room where she rested holding flowers in my hand, until I realized a boy standing in front of her window. I stopped and turned behind the wall. Who was that? One thing I knew is that I didn't want to bother his time with her. I silently waited for the tall boy to walk out of the room. I slightly saw the side view of who it was. He seemed- familiar? I saw him walk out of the building, seeming to head home.

I shook off the thought. Maybe it's just someone she knew before. I walked into the room and placed the flowers down. "Thank you for everything," I told her. I said my prayer for her as I began to head back to the agency.

I looked down at my watch, trying to look at the time. I looked at her through the transparent pane one last time before heading back to the company for training.

I promise, I'll debut.