Chapter 29

Hanzo takes his time walking towards his enemies with his Ame no Habakiri on his grasp.

Upon facing the crowd, Hanabi charged and Shizuka follows after her. With her soul scrolls, Hanabi threw them towards him then summons her Higanbana.

"Now!" she screamed. Shizuka raised her katana and attacked Hanzo from above.

With just one swing of his sword, the strong force from it threw Shizuka back. Hanabi threw her Higanbana and vanished in sight. When the akuma ninja blocks the Higanbana, Hanabi appeared before him and attempts to plunge a soul scroll kunai on him but with Hanekage as his armour, the kunai broke. The scarlet ninja decided to fight him in a hand to hand combat to distract him for a bit. She raised her leg and kicks Hanzo but he managed to evade her.

"Too slow," he remarked as he kicks her on the abdomen, forcing her to hit the ground.

Rain of arrows came pouring down on him but such attacks are in vain for Hanekage is on his defense. Hayabusa came charging towards him with his daggers. The two clashed at a fast speed that Kagura cannot keep up with them and could not track Hanzo's movement. Shizuka and Hanabi got up on their feet and saw how the two men fight.

"Just give up and atone for your sins," Hayabusa grunted but Hanzo simply scoffed.

"You've got to defeat me first," he replied and struck the ground with his sword.

An unstoppable strong force emerged, knocking all of them down. Hanzo stood, on his right arm, dark smoke appeared and it became larger in size.

Kagura summons her Seimei Umbrella and reaches out her hand towards Hanzo. Thousands of demons emerged from her weapon and attacks Hanzo. Kagura focused on entrapping Hanekage with the power of her demons while Hanzo swings his sword to stop the demons but not even a single one touched the Ame no Habakiri for he is not the target. The demons forced Hanekage out of Hanzo's body and entraps him.

Hanekage puffs into a cat for his powers are limited by the thousands of demons circling around him. Kagura motioned her demons back to her, distancing Hanekage away from its master.

"Meow," Hanekage mused for it is the very first time it got trapped like a cat. The demons surrounding him have enough power to suppress him so he's got no choice but to stay in that demon cage.

Hayabusa immediately lunged towards Hanzo with his own phantom behind him. Hanzo swings his sword and hits the shadow instead of Hayabusa. Upon hitting it, three more phantoms appeared around him without Hayabusa in sight.

"The Quad Shadow technique," he thought. He stood still, waiting for Hayabusa's attack. The crimson shadow assassin appeared behind the akuma ninja and attacks but Hanzo had the Ame no Habakiri take the damage. Hayabusa vanished once more and appears on the first phantom he summoned. He once again attacked and managed to land a blow on Hanzo.

The akuma ninja fell on his knees but he struck the ground once more, sending a strong energy force around him, thus, Hayabusa fell back and his phantoms disappeared.

"I've had enough of your play," Hanzo proclaimed. He stretches his hand on Kagura's direction and black smoke emerged from his hand once more.

Hanabi threw his Higanbana towards him but he stopped it with his bare hand. The scarlet ninja tried to control her weapon but Hanzo is strong enough to keep it still. The akuma ninja tugged on the black chain connected on Hanekage but failed to summon him back. He threw the Higanbana towards Kagura but before it hits the onmyouji, Hanabi managed to control and stop it on time.

Hanzo, with all his strength and power, forced Hanekage to return into his original form. That gave the demon stronger power to overwhelm the demons shutting him. Slowly, it grew bigger in size.