Chapter 25

"Shio, what the hell are you up to?" Hanabi asks with gritted teeth for he is also a traitor of their clan.

"I want the Higanbana, Hana. If you let me have it, I wouldn't have to hurt you," Shio replied as he came closer towards the scarlet ninja until their foreheads touched.

"You won't ever lay a hand on it," Hanabi replied. "Never."

Shio smirked as he distances himself and had his hand slap Hanabi's face. The scarlet ninja winced in pain and she even tasted her own metallic blood from her lower lip.

"I could still remember the old days. The times you always come to me when you're in trouble, Hana, I would always help you. Remember the time you let me borrow the Higanbana? It was the time I realized that it should belong to me, not you," Shio recalled.

"But there is this one thing that I could only vividly remember up until now. The time your father announced that only you can have the Higanbana, I started to have hatred against your clan, especially to your family. So I decided to join Shizuka's father in his rebellion. But it was a failure so I decided to form my own organization and now look, Hana. I have been a successful leader for my organization grew so wide that even the richest men come for us. It is actually a shame that the Scarlet faction perished in my hands."

"What do you mean?" Hanabi asks in confusion.

"Don't you know? It is I who ordered the best assassins of my group to go get the Higanbana. I also predicted that they might not be able to get it easily so I gave the command to just kill everyone and burn the village into ashes. And just as I expected, only you survived, my dearest Hana," Shio replied.

"It is you who killed them and not Hanzo?" Hanabi asks with clenched fists.

"Hanzo?" Shio chuckled. "He just got involved and only your grandfather was the person he only killed and now he bears the weight of being a traitor for not just killing your father but also killing the entire clan of the Scarlet faction. Hana, come to my side and become my other half. I could give you the best life, the wealth, the fame and leadership. I could give you all that, simply hand over the Higanbana. We don't have to hurt each other, Hana."

He once again touched Hanabi, this time, he wiped off the blood on her lip.

Shio moves closer and attempted to kiss her. At this time, Hanzo released his power, untying Hanabi.

Hanabi attempted to pierce Shio with her kunai but he blocked it and hit her on the stomach. Hanabi is sent flying in midair and hits the wall hard. Rubbles fell down from where Hanabi landed.

Shio thought she is already injured but to his surprise, Hanabi is perfectly fine with her spider limbs clinging onto the wall. Her scarlet eyes could locate every assassin in that place. Despite being blind, she could sense the warm presence of her enemies.

She summoned her Higanbana and
with her hollow and shrill voice, she questioned, "Is this what you want?"

Shio smirked for the Higanbana emits more power than the last time he saw it. "Yes, Hana, hand it over like a good girl."

And with a painful and deafening shriek, Hanabi proclaimed, "Catch it, then!"

She threw her Higanbana on her right side and it cuts through each assassin it passes by. Hanabi vanished from sight and had snuck behind an assassin to another as she stabs them with her soul scroll kunai, letting them suffer a painful death with the demonic energy slowly poisoning them. Arrows rained down on her but not a single one shot right through her for her spider limbs are fast enough to repel them.

"Petal barrage," Hanabi activated her ninjutsu as she clings on the ceiling with her spider limbs and shot countless of petal blades which helped her kill more of her enemies. She starts to go down to be able to stand on both feet.