Chapter 4: Alliance or Not?

"So, what is your plan?" Hanabi asked as she stood to face the white-haired woman.

"I will lend you my hand in hunting down the traitor," Kagura started, “we'll take him down together and I shall have the credit of ending his life."

Hanabi scoffed in disbelief. She thought that she brought some great plan with her but it was just some selfish request.

"If I take the credit, I will hold the power to stop your wedding and be Hayabusa's wife. It is a win-win situation," Kagura explained further.

Though she had a point in that statement, Hanabi found no value in it since her sole goal was to kill the traitor herself. In that way, her vengeance would be served.

"Ah, I get it," Kagura said as she took a step forward closer to Hanabi. "You want revenge. You want to avenge your father. What matters to you more? Tie the knot with a man you do not know or avenge your father?"

"I want vengeance," Hanabi replied without any hesitance. Her eyes were more than serious that it made Kagura back away a bit. With her goal very clear to her, Kagura needed to find another way for Hanabi to cooperate with them rather than have her as their rival. In that way, things would go easier.

Hanabi no longer found interest in that alliance so she and her cousin left Kagura by herself.

"What is mine is mine," she whispered to the cold wind that swift through her hair. She clenched her fists and gritted her teeth as she tried to think of a better offer to that spoiled Scarlet ninja.

Haru went ahead to their assigned quarters to have his rest while Hanabi decided to stroll around the town to relieve some of the built up stress.

Walking around the busy street, the townspeople were still busy preparing for the festival. What caught her attention was the uproar at the center of the town that the other people were gathered around.

She pushed her way in so she could get at the center of attention and see what was going on. Upon reaching the middle, she saw two guys fighting with their kunais drawn out. The dark-haired guy had bruises all over his body and even coughed out blood. While the other one seemed to be enjoying the fight and not a single bruise was seen in any part of his body.

Hanabi watched in awe as she observed the movements of the scarlet-haired guy. He was going easy and surely, he was not showing his full strength which made her want to join the fight. Maybe she could bring out that redhead’s true potential and she’ll be able to test out the result of her training.

The crowd was going rowdier and one of them pushed Hanabi, causing her to jump into the fighting scene. She was able to compose herself immediately and sensed that someone was about to attack her. She shifted to her right and immediately took her kunai hidden from her back and blocked the sudden lunge of the redhead. The crowd went quiet. Hanabi jumped backward to widen the space between her and the red-haired guy, so that she could have a bit of time to re-compose herself and attack in a better way.

"Nice reflex," he commented.

All Hanabi did was to nod at his compliment. She kept her kunai and held out her hand for a handshake.

"Do you have time tomorrow for a little sparring?" she offered.

Hanzo, the guy with a scarlet hair, raised his brow and smirked in amusement. It was an unusual question coming from a girl like her.

"Sorry but women should just learn how to become a proper lady," he replied. He turned his back towards her and was about to leave but Hanabi ran towards him with a kunai on both of her hands. She jumped and locked her legs around Hanzo's shoulder. She arched her body and held the two kunais on both sides of Hanzo's neck.