v. OBVIOUSLY LYING

Will and Charles were now laying on the grass, using Charles' backpack as a cushion, well Charles was, Will just had his head on Charles' stomach. Dustin was still trying to get in contact with Suzie as the two pairs laid on the ground, Max and Lucas a few feet away from Charles and Will.

"Suzie, do you copy? This is Dustin. Over." Dustin repeated probably for the millionth time and Charles sighs. "Suzie! This is Dustin. Do you copy? Over." He says and Charles looks down at Will. "Suzie, this is your Dustin. Do you copy? Over." He said again and Charles looks at him.

"Suzie—" "Dustin, come on! She's not there." Max is finally the first to say something. "She's there, alright? She'll pick up." Dustin tells her and Charles sighs as Will sat up. "Maybe Cerebro doesn't work." He says and Charles sits up as well, right behind Will. "Or maybe Suzie doesn't exist." Lucas says who Charles looked at right away.

"She exists!" Dustin defended himself, his voice in a high pitched tone. "She's a genius and she's hotter than Phoebe Cates?" Charles asked and Lucas nods. "No girl is that perfect." He says and Max sits up, turning to look down at him.

"Is that so?" She asked and Lucas quickly sits up as Will and Charles watched them, amused. "I mean.." He says. "You're perfect! I mean, like.. per-perfect in your own way. In your special— your own sepcial way." Lucas says and Max smiles.

She chuckles, "relax, I was teasing!" She says. "I'm obviously perfect and Dustin's obviously lying." She said as she looked at Dustin. "Come on, Don Juan." She says as she stood up, holding out his hand to Lucas who quickly got up.

"Where are you going?" Dustin asked them and Max glanced over her shoulder. "Home." She says and Charles looks at Will, nodding. He got up as well and grabbed Will's hand in his. Will stands up with Charles' help who pulls him up.

"Well, guess it's just you two and me, Byers and Dumont.." Dustin said before turning to the two and evidently glanced down at their joined hands. "Uh, sorry.." Will said and Charles holds up his watch. "It's late.." He said, frowning a bit.

Dustin doesn't respond but instead just glanced between the two. "Maybe tomorrow we can play D&D." He said and glanced at Charles who immediately nods with a smile at Dustin. "Or something fun, like we use to.." He says and Dustin just nods once. "Yeah, sure.."

"Welcome home.." Will said and then he and Charles head down the hill. They keep holding hands all the way down, until they reach the road where they let go of one another's hands. "You're perfect. In your own special way." Charles said, mocking Lucas from before as they get to their bikes at Dustin's place and Will just laughs.

"Wanna race to my place?" Charles asked since his place wasn't that far. "You're on!" Will said as he hurriedly got onto his bike. "Cheater!" Charles said as he gets onto his bike as well.

The two boys laugh as they tried to get past one another down the road but eventually they got to Charles' place and Will won, panting as he got off his bike. He lays onto the grass and Charles smiled, walking his bike to where he usually leaves it. He walks back to Will, picking up Will's bike next and taking to put it next to his.

"Come on, you still gotta call your mom." He said and lifted up Will from the ground. "Right.." Will said and the two head inside. As Will called his mom in the kitchen, Charles headed upstairs and got the futon ready. It was more next to his bed now, he fixes it then sets two pillows onto it then a blanket on top before walking to his tv.

He turns it on and looks for a movie they could watch when Will comes up the stairs. "Do you have pyjamas I can burrow?" Will asked and Charles nodded his head right away.

"First, E.T or Risky Business?" Charles held up both movies and Will thinks about it for a minute. "E.T." He says and Charles nods. "Set it up and I'll get the pyjamas?" He asked and Will nods right away, grabbing the movie from Charles.

Charles quickly changed his sweaty shirt first, changing out of the baseball shirt, right when Will looked over and awkwardly looked away with wide eyes. Charles slips on a baggy shirt that had a logo of the band Queen on it.

It was his mother's. He also changes out of his denim shorts and puts on plaid pyjama pants before taking out another pair of pyjama pants and another t-shirt he knows that Will might fit. He walks over and hands it to Will who stood up, turning to face him. He glanced down at Charles' chest, making Charles give a confused look.

"You okay?" He asked and Will nodded right away, taking the shirt and pyjama bottoms from his hands before walking past Charles. He heads down the stairs, to the bathroom to change.

When Will came back, Charles sighed and sat on his bed. Will comes to sit next to him. "I don't feel like going to hang out with the others tomorrow." He says and Will looks at him, confused.

"Why?" He says and Charles just stares at the television screen. "Uh.. I don't know.." He whispered and shrugged his shoulders. "Oh, come on, maybe we'll get to play D&D." He says with a smile at Charles who just sighs, looking at him.

"Fine, but I'll only be going for you." He says and Will smiles at him. "Also, my mom said your mom was gonna be picking up a change of clothes for me before she came home." He says.

Charles nods, smiling, "oh, so my mom is finally coming home." He joked, it was a very much usual thing where Sarah Dumont has been spending most of her time with Hopper, at his cabin when she wasn't busy at work. Charles had no problem with it, whenever she asked, he jokingly says he'd be up for El being his step-sister.

His mom just chuckles at his joke.

authors note HeNdErSoN! hEs BaCk HeS bAcK
+ late update again but hi if ur reading this ur great and just know ur appreciate 😔💗