24- Where it all changed

{ALLY'S POV}

I jumped in my car. I was over excited to finally see him again. The first thing I did was call him. He picked up after two rings. "Hey Ally!" he said. "Hey! I just got in the car, and I pulling out... Now!" I could literally hear his smile through my phone.

"Connect your phone to the speaker so we can talk the whole way!" I laughed and did as told. I was driving to see him after two months on tour. We have been dating for four years and were both currently 20.

He just bought a place for us both to live in and I am on my way.

*42 Minutes and 18 seconds later*

"let's play twenty questions." Shawn said in the phone."okay. you go." I said. "okay... hm.. what's your greatest fear?"

"what do you mean?"

"what are you scared of?"

"You really wanna know?"

"Yup."

"I'm scared my whole life will flash before my eyes."

"Really? I thought you'd be scared of spiders or snakes or, like, bloody clowns."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I said laughing.

"Well, someone like you to be afraid of something like that."

"Well, I wanna do so much with my life. Like, go to France, go skydiving, get married," I babbled. Then I realized what I said. "Oh god, I didn't mean to say that."

"Well ya never know when someone will ask you. Matt's has his eyes on you since the day I introduced you to them." he said. I laughed.

"Oh sure, a guy like Matt liking a girl like me-" I joked, but then the impact of a four-ton pickup truck going sixty miles an hour plowed straight into the driver side. (That's from If I stay, if you don't know)

SHAWNS POV

Me and Ally were talking and all that stuff.

"Oh sure, guy like Matt liking a girl like me," I laughed at her joke. Then I heard a loud noise. That wasn't supposed to happen.

"Ally? Ally?! ALLY!" I yelled. The other end went dead. The call ended.

I hope she didn't get in a wreck. "Ally, no no no no no no no no no," I said trying to call her back. It immediately ended.

ONE HOUR LATER

I sat there motionless. Something was wrong. Absolutely wrong.

My phone rang. I saw the caller ID and immediately answered.

"Ally are you okay?"

"Are you Shawn?" A man, that wasn't ally, asked.

"Yes sir."

"Ally was in a serious car wreck."

"WHAT?!" I yelled.

"Sir calm down. She is in the hospital and if you'd like to see her-"

"YES I WANT TO SEE HER!"

"Calm down, sir. She is in the Charleston Ridge Hospital (I just put words together for that so yeah..)"

"Okay, thanks," I said and hung up.

"Charleston Ridge.." I mumbled.

[LATER]

I sat there staring at her.

"Ally..." was all I managed to get out. I got at the hospital around 12 am, and it's now 1 am. They just now let me see her.

"We are doing all we can, Mr Mendes." the doctor said.

"Do you know when she'll wake up?"

"There's no telling. It could be an hour, or a day. Or a week. Or a month. Or even a year, but she'd probably be dea-" he paused.
"There's no telling." he said and walked out the door.

A tear slipped my eye. This isn't happening.

-NEXT DAY-

I look at the clock. 4:27 pm.

I stood up and say next to Ally on her bed.

"I love you. I love you so much. It's just scary how much I love you. I would do absolutely anything, for you. I would do anything for you to be with me forever. And to think, if this never happened, we would probably be engaged right about now. Yeah that's right. I couldn't go too much longer without you being mine. This was originally gonna be my marriage proposal, but now you're comatose..." I said and kissed her forehead.

Then I heard some beepy noises.

Then some doctors ran in yelling.

"What's going on?" I asked. They ignored me and rushed her bed out of the room.

"Ally.." I whispered. Did I do something? Did my soon-to-be-marriage proposal do this? It's... it's my fault. I did this all. I'm the one who couldn't get an apartment in San Diego. I'm the one who couldn't have gone and made her drive to me. I am the one responsible for all of this. "

I sat in the corner thinking about she might be fine right now if it wasn't for me. My phone died, and I didn't bring a charger and I honestly don't even want my phone right now.

An hour past. Two hours passed. Finally a doctor came in.

"yes?" I asked looking up.

"She's gone..." he said looking down.

"What?"

"Ally West.. is dead."