Chapter 16: Needy

"Man this doesn't feel like a vacay at all!" Prompto groaned with his head on the wooden table. You're not wrong there Blondie.

At present, the Royal retinue and Iris were finishing up lunch at Churrobo. It had been two days since Mia had gone missing. Those two days were spent trying to find leads in explaining her disappearance and where she could be. Yet something bothered Gladio and it wasn't the obvious flirting or the needy affection you demanded of him. Your focus didn't seem to be on finding Mia. In fact, you didn't seem concerned for Mia at all. Having lunch at Churrobo was probably the first time you weren't draped all over him.

"It's not like we can ignore what's happening," Ignis replied.

"Yeah I know," Prompto grumbled.

"Oniichan! Can you just put me out of my, or everyone's, misery please?" Iris exclaimed, the frustration in her eyes amusing the older Amicitia.

"What are you on about Iris?" Gladio grumbled, taking a gulp of his lemonade. For the love of the Astrals, we are not going to discuss-

"Are you two officially a couple or not?!" For fucks sake...

Gladio didn't blame his little sister and the rest for being curious. He agreed you may have been over the top with your affection recently, but he welcomed it with open arms feeling something that would shake him to the very core was coming.

Gladio groaned, looking up at the clear blue sky, not really wanting to delve deep on the topic. The pair of you were insatiable around each other. Aside from the intimate chat you two had the day following Chauffeur, Gladio found himself at a loss in where he was at with you. He wanted to protect you, spoil you and monopolize you. But he knew before he could even think of how to do all those things, he wanted to relieve you of the past demons weighing heavy on your shoulders.

"Where is Flor anyway?" Gladio didn't have to look back down to know that Noctis' question was directed at him.

"She had something to talk to Trent about, so told us to go on ahead without them," Gladio answered, readjusting himself in his seat. Exchanging glances with Ignis made him all the more uneasy. He was partially worried about leaving you alone with Trent. Sure, he was like an older brother to you but the Royal Shield felt like something was amiss with the hunter over the past couple of days.

"Is that why you're looking like a lost puppy?" Noctis smirked. Pretty sure you're the puppy between the two of us.

"What now?" Gladio frowned. I dare you to repeat that Your Highness.

"You missing your pretty lil' bartender?" Prompto cooed, grinning ear to ear, and propping his chin on his palm. Of course, his little playmate does it for him...

"We ain't joined at the hip if that's what you're getting at," Gladio huffed.

"You sure about that big guy?" Prompto continued, "It's been anything but that over the last couple of days,"

"Can't argue with that," Gladio admitted, "Dunno, she's been on edge lately,"

"So she should be," Everyone's heads whipped in Ignis' direction, who was sitting to the left of Gladio. "Trent's behavior has been quite odd as of lately,"

"Well, yeah? His wife has been missing for the last 2 or so days?" Prompto pointed out, sounding a little unsure in his words. Of course Ignis. Always stirring the pot.

"Care to serve up what you know?" Gladio dared to ask.

"Perhaps you've also noticed Gladio?" Ignis prompted, raising an all-knowing eyebrow, "It would most likely explain (Your Name)'s needy behavior too," A part of Gladio wished he hadn't noticed but he did.