Chapter 4: Wife

"You're gonna have to excuse the guys back there," Trent apologized as the trio followed him to the back of Prairie Post, "You can't blame them with all the funny characters who have been trying to get to me,"

"Funny characters? I've always known you to be the proper one of the two of you. But you weren't always one to filter cursing," You commented, seeing the waitress earlier stifle a giggle from behind her hand. The wedding band on her hand told you more than enough to who she was. "Aren't you going to introduce your beautiful wife?" You asked, just as Trent shut the front door of the little cottage they entered.

"Glad to see more than a few things hasn't changed, Flor," Trent chuckled, nodding his head for the trio to sit down on the couches nearby.

"Flor?" Libertus repeated questioningly.

"A nickname he and his brother gave me," You said through gritted teeth.

"What's the story behind that?" It was obvious both glaives were enquiring for their own entertainment.

"There are two variations. One by me, and one by my twin brother," Trent shared smirking when you shifted a little, ducking your face to avoid eye contact with any of them. "Mine is that she's a delicate flower, while my brother's was in reference to any spar between them,"

"I'll take it you were on the floor majority of the time?" You slowly glanced at Nyx, his raised eyebrow and smirk clearly said he already knew the answer to his own question. Maybe it's a good thing you two are only dropping me off. Jerks. Pushing all the teasing aside, you wouldn't have minded if they, alongside with Pelna, visited the bar you worked at, on occasion. You had grown quite fond of their company.

"When she first started yes," Trent replied, a nostalgic yet sad smile adorning his unshaven face, "But it stuck when she got better. Seeing as we couldn't picture calling her anything else but Flor,"

"You want to introduce your beautiful wife now?" You reminded, very much wanting to ditch the topic. Mykos gave you the nickname originally, and although it had been 4 years since you last saw Trent and been a part of the Phoenix Hunters, there were some things that you wanted to remain amongst just those involved, most especially that pet name.

"Of course. Sorry for being so rude," Trent apologized, wrapping an arm around the waitress' shoulders, "This is Mia Joarde. My wife of 3 years now," Trent introduced proudly making the strawberry blonde, green-eyed female blush. You smiled fondly at her when her eyes locked with yours.

"I'm (Your Name) Bastille. I was a part of the Phoenix Hunters when Trent and Mykos were leading it," You introduced yourself, standing up and holding out your hand to shake with hers. Mia was most likely Trent's age, feeling a mature aura from her as she took your hand and shook it happily.

"It's really nice to finally meet you," Mia squeaked excitedly. Finally? She must have noticed your puzzled expression, further explaining, "When Trent left the Phoenix Hunters, he told me about his brother, and about another hunter he referred to as 'the sister he never had'," Trent must have been embarrassed by his wife's words; he was now in the kitchen area and starting the kettle. "He often wondered what you ended up doing, moving to Insomnia and all,"

"Ah, I guess that makes sense. I did lose my cellphone after... the caves," You mumbled the remainder of your sentence, but you knew Trent would have picked up your voice becoming silent.

"He worried about your safety, the people around you and other random things," Mia shared, "But I guess finally seeing you after so long means you're doing all right?" You are a lot more intuitive than you originally let on. You are perfect for Trent.