He walked out of the shed, then closed the doors. Zayn didn't hear it lock but then again, he wasn't really hearing anything. The pain across his face was distracting. The last thing he remembered was Kelly coming in and cleaning his face with a damp towel before apologizing quietly and drugging him for the night.

➡➡➡

The following morning, Amos, Harry and the children were all in the dining room having breakfast together. Harry needed something to keep himself busy, so he made waffles and eggs for everyone. He also thought he was smart to do that because waffles were Nema's favorite breakfast. Perhaps it would take her mind off another day of not having her daddy.

As he was scolding Charlie for trying to feed a piece of Waffle to the cat, he heard a noise that meant someone had come in through the front door. He quickly got up from the table to meet whoever it was. It was Marie and she was just about to sit her things down.

"Good morning, Marie."

"Good morning, Mr. Styles."

"My apologies but I forgot to phone you and let you know that all is fine today."

"All is fine?"

"Yes, we don't need anything. The kids and I, that is."

"Uh... huh." She looked curiously at him. "I thought you said to be here this weekend because Zayn's mother was coming into town."

He nodded. "That's right. I did. But there has been a change of plans. Ms. Malik won't be staying here. She'll be at the penthouse where she can have some privacy."

"Oh really? With Zayn?" She questioned.

"Sure."

But she folded her arms. "You know, when I pulled in the driveway I noticed that car there again. What was his name? Amos?"

"What about it?"

"Did he spend the night?"

"As much as I love you, Marie. I do believe I am the one who hired you and not the other way around. Therefore I would appreciate it if you didn't question me like this. I've told you that you're free this weekend. So I'll see you on Monday. Okay? Thank you."

He placed a gentle hand on her back as he led her back towards the front door but that gesture meant he was clearly rushing her out of the house. Again.

"Should I drop by the penthouse to check on Ms. Malik after she arrives then?"

"No. That won't be necessary. She can very much take care of herself."

Marie stopped and faced him. There was clear confusion on her face. "Mr. Styles. I don't ever like to pry. But this is not like you at all. You are always making sure she's taken care of right here in your own home. Is something going on?"

He paused so the lie wouldn't come out shaky. "No. Why would there be?"

"Because you have me quite worried."

"Goodbye, Marie. I will see you on Monday. Spend some time with your husband. You deserve it."

"Um.."

He opened the door and smiled. "Be safe now, okay? Alright. Bye."

When he finally closed the door with her on the other side of it, he sighed and leaned against it. That's when Amos appeared.

"I heard."

"I know."

"I don't really like this. And honestly. It feels wrong eating with you and your children without Zayn. I also feel like your housekeeper doesn't trust me for whatever reason."