The Outsider War: Kat and Mack's Return

Chapter 19

Mack's POV.

The only place that Randy would have taken Kat that was in that direction was the vacant lot. It had to have been the place. So as I thanked the bartender, I turned around and walked to the Stingray, bringing my gang with me. "We have to go to the vacant lot," I said. "When did you become the leader of this gang?" Two-Bit joked. I looked at him seriously and said, "When it was MY sister that was put in danger." Two-Bit began to get in the car and as his face turned serious he said, "Well, she's my sister too now, ya know." The realization that Two-Bit was our brother came back to me. He must have been just as worried as I was.

We jumped in the car and drove to the vacant lot. On the way there, Pony began to talk to me about our relationship again. "So, what about after all of this?" I was puzzled at his question and asked "What do you mean?" "I mean what will happen to us?" he said. "Will we be back together?" "Pony now is not the time," I said. Pony sighed and look down, then back up at the stars again. "Ya know," he joked. "I bet there's a star in the sky for every time you've said that to me." He kind of giggled and we continued down the road. After a few minutes of tension and silence, we arrived at the vacant lot. Sure enough, there was Randy, leaning up against his car. We stepped out of our car as another one showed up. Two Socs hopped out of it. At the sight of us, Randy sat up off the car and smiled in a sinister way. The two Socs stood by the car with their arms crossed like body guards. "Well, well, well," Randy said. "Isn't this a surprise?! Three greaser boys and a....Soc? Oh is that you Mack? Ya know, I can't really tell what you and your sister are these days." I spat right back at him saying, "Like you would care anyways! Besides, this isn't a surprise! You know exactly why we're here. Where is she?" Randy tried to play dumb and put on a fake confused face. "Who do you mean? Oh, Kat? Yeah, she's in this here car." Sodapop jumped to reach for the car door, but just as he did a huge Soc stepped out as well as another on the other side of the car. Sodapop stepped back in surprise. We all lined up face to face. Sure, the boys would NEVER hit me, but they would tackle me if needed. It was 4 to 5, us being the smaller group. "There's more on the way," Randy teased. "Pity them!" Two-Bit yelled. You could feel the undeniable tension in the air as the two groups looked at each other for a short moment. Randy just kind of laughed and smiled evilly. "Alright boys, let's rumble."