The Outsider War: Kat and Mack's Return

Chapter 12

Kat's POV.

I know what most of you were thinking, and no, there was no "funny business" when we went to my bedroom. We simply talked and tried to work things out between us, as hard as it may have been.

So we lingered into my room, leaving Pony and Mack to work things out. As I sat down in my chair and Soda on my bed, I started to talk. "Soda, I don't know about this." He sighed and looked at me with those beautiful eyes, the same eyes I had fallen in love with two years ago. "Kat, you know I love you more than anything," he started. "There's nothing more I can do, but ask you if you will just give me a chance and love me again. Love me like you used to. Atleast try, Kat. I believe that any type of love is worth giving a chance. I would waste my time trying to fall in love with someone that wasn't meant for me,someone that it will never work out with, just for those wonderful moments of true happiness with someone I care about. That might be me and you Kat. That might be the way we are, but like I said, I don't care. I love you Kat, more than anything or anyone. Sandy doesn't mean anything, she never meant anything, and she never will mean anything. She got pregnant with another man. She moved away from me when you left. She came back and ask me to care for it, but I told her I couldn't. I just couldn't Kat. I would be a terrible dad; nothing compared to my dad." "Soda," I began. "Don't say that. You would be a wonderful dad. Anyone that has your love is a lucky person, that 's why I consider myself the luckiest person in the world. But, that baby isn't yours. It's not your responsibility, and you don't know how much I love you right now." "But," he pushed. "But, I can't Soda. We have spent so much time and money to be a Soc, and to fit in with the popular crowd. Mack has her heart set on not being picked on anymore. She's always been picked on and she can't take it anymore. I won't be able to change her mind." "People used to pick on Mack?" Soda questioned. "Both of us, just because we were different than everyone else. We always have been. I was different because of my compassion for people. I was always the one to reach out to others and be kind to them no matter how weird they were. Mack, well she was just too intelligent. People thought she was a nerd. You have no idea how good it feels for her to be in a 'popular' group of people." "I do know what it feels like to be picked on though," he replied. "Always watching your back, making sure no one hurts you." We sat there and nodded for a few more moments until I came to a decision. "We can't, Soda," I said. "I can't do that to Mack." "Dang that compassionate heart of yours!" he half-yelled and half-joked. I giggled and looked at him and his reckless grin. "Kat," he said. "What if I told you that I knew something you didn't?" "What do you mean?" I inquired. "What if you, had to be a greaser, because you had family or something." "Soda I don't know wh-" "Come with me," he called. "We're going to Two-Bit's house."