Chapter I

SAM

Music: ROUND1 from Dragon Saber

Lockwood Inn. I've never heard of this place until last week, when my mom found it being advertised on a flyer and thought it would be a great vacation place.

Way to waste a week of my life, mom.

The morning after I arrived, we began the process of unpacking (we couldn't do it last night because we arrived at 8'o clock at night, and were tired and wanted to sleep). I went through my clothes and found my swimsuit. I recalled reading about an indoor water park inside of the hotel, so I asked my mom, "Hey, can I go down to the pool once I'm done unpacking?"

"Sure," my mom replied. "Just give me a few minutes, too."

"Actually, I was hoping I could go alone." I need my independent time.

"Well..."

"Mom. I can be trusted on my own."

"Well... I guess."

I mentally fist pumped. After I was done packing, I threw on my trunks, a shirt (cause you don't really want to be shirtless in the hallways of a hotel), some sandals, and went straight down to the water park. I took the elevator down to the 2nd floor (my room's on the 4th), and as soon as I got off the elevator, I bumped into a girl.

"Oh, sorry," she replied, picking up the stuff she dropped. I bent down to help her, and got a good look at her face. She seemed familiar.

"...Anastasia? Is that you?" I ask, getting up slowly.

"Oh! Hi, Sam!" she exclaims, and we give each other a hug in recognition. "I was just heading down to the indoor pool they have," she tells me.

"I was too," I tell her. "Wanna walk down together?"

"Sure, why not?" she answers, and we walk down to the water park. Anastasia is a good friend of mine, if you can't tell. So obviously it was a surprise to run into her on vacation.

As soon as I entered the water park with Anastasia, I practically wept inside. It was just as the crappy advertisements said- a large bucket that gets filled with water then dumps on you, huge slides, and a lazy river.

"I was planning on going down to the lazy river," Anastasia says to me, snapping me out of my non-existent trance. "Wanna join?"

"One sec," I respond. "The bucket's almost full and I want to have it dumped on me."

Anastasia rolls her eyes and stands back as I run towards the group of people standing under the bucket. Two of them look familiar to me, so I run over to them and ask, "Hello?"

Both of them turn to face me and I recognize them instantly as Chomata and Heath. "Seriously? You're here too?" Chomata asks, bewildered.

"And so is Anastasia," I tell him. Both Heath and Chomata look at each other oddly, and then at me. I shrug, turn around, and bump right into... Luke.

"Hey, buddy, watch where you're going," I say to him as a joke. He pulls off his sunglasses and looks at me confused. "Sam? Heath? Chomata? What are you all doing here?"

"I'd like to ask you the same thing," Heath muttered in reply.

At this point, something went off in my mind. I would've understood if it was just Anastasia here also, but her, Heath, Luke, and Chomata? I figured something was up, but I chose to ignore it. I yelled to everyone, "I'm just gonna head to the slides now."

"Okay," they all yell back. I run towards the line to the slides. I grab a single tube and wait, as both slides seem to have a line. Right when I reach the top, I notice yet another familiar face. I tap her on the shoulder, and she turns around and smiles at me.
"Hi Sam!" Shanna says to me, waving.