Chapter 29

three months later

Mitch's P.O.V.

We sat in the waiting room of the hospital. Me, Scott, Kevin and Avi. Scott was clung onto my hand. He was still skeptical about hospitals, even if this one was in London. We are on tour in Europe. Kirstie told us she had weeks to go. She didn't want to have to cancel a show. That's when her waters broke and here we are.

We sat and waited in anticipation as time slowly ticked away. One hour. Two hours. Three hours. Four. Coffee after coffee past my lips. Scott layed his head on my lap and stretched hs legs out on the seats next to him. "You're not going to sleep on me, Hoying!" I joked. He closed his eyes tightly. "Yes I am." He smirked. I bent down and kissed his lips.

Since that day at Kirstie's we went back to rehearsing and recording and eventually back to touring. Longest nine months of my life. Scott seemed to be more like his old self. We hadn't told the fans about us yet but that would have to happen soon if I ever wanted to ask him to marry me.

I thought of us standing at an alter in a church, him looking dashing as ever, saying our wedding vows. I slapped myself mentally. I needed to stop daydreaming. "What was that Scott?" I asked. "Doctor." He mumbled pointing to the man who had just come out of the room that Kirstie had gone into all those hours ago.

The man began to walk towards us. Scott sat and Avi and Kevin put their phones in their pockets. "You can go and see Miss Maldonado now." He beamed. Scott and I were the first to stand running towards the door.

It feels weird. We've known each other since we were nine. I had never thought that these two goofs would still be my friends now. I had never thought of any of us having children.

Scott knocked on the door and quietly opened it. Kirstie was sat up on the bed a small bundle in her arms. She looked lovingly down at the bundle like it was the most amazing thing in the world. Well she did just birth him. Jeremy stood next to her, his hand on her back. They both looked like shit.

"Guys this is Peter." Jeremy said taking the baby from Kirsties arms so we could see him. He handed me the baby first. I looked down at it's small body. It's tiny hands made me want to squeal. Peter yawned rubbing his eyes with his fists. "He's gorgeous." I said. Kirstie smiled at me. "Well with parents like us you would think so." She joked her voice croaking.

Scott put his hand on my back and rested his chin on my head. " He is truly amazing." He said looking down at Peter.

After a few minutes of pass the parcel with the baby we decided to leave them in peace. No one wanted to say it but they both truly looked awful and we knew they needed sleep.

Scott drove the car on the way back which was nice for me. I always seemed to be the one driving places. Avi and Kevin sat in the back. "What are we going to do about this weeks shows?" Avi asked, his low voice making the car rumble. "I think we're lucky that this week was our last week. We can put the shows off for a week and then do them next week?" Kevin suggested. "But Kirstie will have to be with Peter." Scott said. "We can shorten the shows." I suggested. "I don't know." Said Avi. That's when Scott's phone began to buzz. I stuck my hand in it and pulled his phone out. Kirstie's picture popped up on the screen. "Speak of the demon." I whispered.

"Hello Miss, I thought you were sleeping!" I said putting the phone on speaker. "I was but I was distracted by something. Put me on speaker!" She demanded. "You already. Woah demanding! Just cause you've had a baby Kirst doesn't mean you can act like our mother." Kevin giggled. "And just because you went to Yale, Kev doesn't mean you can act smarter than us." She snapped but I heard her giggle too. "Anyway guys! Don't you dare think of canceling a show!" She said. "Kirstie you've just had a baby, you are not singing and dancing on a stage tonight for two hours!" Avi said. "I will if it's the last thing I do." She retorted. "C'mon Kirst, our pre show's in two hours and you're not even out of the hospital yet!" Scott chipped in. "Oh yes I am. In fact I'm in a car right now." She said. "So strong willed." I muttered. "And that's why you love me Mitchell. I'll be at the hotel in five." She hung up.

Scott pulled up outside the hotel immediately getting out of the car and slamming the door. "She's unbelievable!" He laughed. "She had a baby what, five hours ago?" Avi asked. He looked very concerned. "She would of asked the doctor Avi. He wouldn't of let her go if she wasn't ok." Kevin reassured him.

Kirstie appeared after a couple minutes. She looked stunning, revitalized even. I didn't understand it. We walked to the pre show meet and great. Kirstie left to feed Peter in the middle of it but no one minded. They were happy enough to see the four of us.

Then came the show. We had to go steady. The dancing was less intense which was a kind of relief to me and Scott (too many pastrys from Starbucks lately). Then Kirstie had to leave. The tiredness hit her all at once and she had to get off the stage. The crowd booed. "Hey!" Scott shouted. "Kirstie had a baby 8 hours ago!" He said. The crowd fell silent. Yes they knew about the fact she was pregnant. It was just the way Scott said it. He kind of snapped. "Sorry." He said. The crowd beamed. "It's ok Scott" "Don't worry Scottie." Were some of the responses from the crowd. "You guys are so sweet." I said.

That's when it hit me. I knew what I could do now. It would be perfect. I just needed to tell the others. They would approve, hopefully.

A/N

Hey hey! This is the second to last chapter but I will make a sequel. I'm sad it's ending but the sequel is gonna be awesome trust me!!!

hope you enjoyed this. I might write another chapter tonight. vote/comment/share/tell a friend

social media

tumblr ciaraturner1310

twitter @1310Ciara