Chapter 4

Scott's P.O.V.

All through rehearsal I couldn't get my mind off why Alex wrote that note. I mean he was joking right? I didn't do anything to upset him. Mitch had been at Kirstie's... unless he had text him. I bet that's what happened. But why would he do that? Because he's jealous! No Scott! You hurt him. He would never do something like that. But he would. But he wouldn't.

"SCOTT!" I heard someone shout, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Earth to Scott!" "Yes?" I shock my head vigorously getting rid of the thoughts in my head. "You need to stop zoning out. Get your head in the game." Jonathon, our manager, said to me. "Sorry." I mentally hit myself. This was not the time and place to lose concentration. To lose control.

I felt Mitch's hand grab mine. We had cried in each others arms for a good half an hour. Then we went back to normal again. That's what I liked about our friendship. We could argue and fight and cry and then everything would get back to normal. "You ok?" I heard him whisper in my ear. "Yep, I'm good. Just a tad tired."

Suddenly something pinged inside me. I dropped Mitch's hand. He had told him. That's the only way he could've found out. That's why he forgave me so easily. I'm such an idiot. I should have known he would have done that. He's just jealous that I've got someone and he doesn't.

I could feel the anger boiling up in me. I needed to control it. I couldn't let myself go. Not here. Not in front of the band and Jonathon and everyone else. But I couldn't do it. "Scott, are you ok?" I heard Avi say. That was all it took to send me over the boil. I grabbed my glass of water off the shelf and threw it to the ground as hard as I could. It was like it fell in slow motion. The water slowly spilling out of the top. And then it hitting the ground and smashing into hundreds of tiny pieces.

There was silence as I looked around the room at everyone's confused faces. That's when I took off. I ran out the door, down the street, not really knowing where my end destination was going to be.

Mitch's P.O.V.

I stood there with my mouth hanging open as Scott ran out the door. What had just happened? Scott had just lost his shit, that's what happened. But what over?

As what happened began to sink everyone turned to me for an explanation. "Don't look at me. I'm just as confused as the rest of y'all." I said looking at their concerned and confused faces. "What the hell was that?" Kevin eventually said breaking the seemingly never ending silence.

"Mitch, there's something up with him." Kirstie said turning to face me, as the others swept up the glass. "I know, he never acts like this. He would never take out his anger on anything usually. I don't even know why he was angry. Everything seemed fine earlier, when we talked." I explained to her. "Something must of happened after last night between him and Alex." I said. "Mitch I don't think this is just a one off thing. He's become very.... What's the word.... strange. One minute he's happy and the next he's breaking things." She gestured towards the nearly clean floor. "I really don't know KK. It must just be something going on in his mind." I said. "Then why's he not telling you? You guys tell each other everything right?" She walked over to where the others were standing. Why wasn't he telling me? What wasn't he telling me? KK's right there's something wrong!

Scott's P.O.V.

I stopped running when I got to a park bench. Why the fuck had I just done that? What s wrong with me? Did I really just lose my shit in front of everyone? "Idiot!" I shouted slapping myself in the head, which like last time caused people to look.

I got out my phone and dialed Alex's number. He picked up after 4 rings. "Scott, what do you want?" He asked. "I need you to know that whatever Mitch told you it wasn't true!" I lied. "What? Mitch. Mitch didn't tell me anything!" He said angrily. "Wait, what do you mean Mitch didn't tell you anything." I was so confused. "I haven't talked to him, Scott." I could hear annoyance growing in his voice. "So, you were joking with the note. You're not breaking up with me." I said relieved. "No, no. Scott I wasn't joking. I don't ever want to see you again. Heck I don't even know why I'm talking to you right now." He raised his voice in volume. "Why are you breaking up with me? Has someone said something about me to you because I'm telling you now it's not true!" "No, Scott. No one has said anything to me. It's all your doing. You were the one saying Mitch's name in your sleep. You were the one who when I said it's ok I'm here when you were having a nightmare said back I love you MITCH! Not I love you ALEX! I love you MITCH! Does that mean you and him have been sleeping together eh?" He was screaming into the phone now. "No Alex..." My voice reduced to a whisper. "Well maybe you should be then. Maybe he should be the one you fuck. Or is that it? Mitch isn't willing to fuck you so you use me as an alternative! Go fuck yourself Scott!" And the line went dead.

I curled up into a ball on the park bench and let all the tears come. This was all my fault. Why did I say that? I don't like Mitch in that way. Mitch was the guy I told all my secrets to. Mitch was the guy who was there for me whenever I needed him. Mitch was the guy who I'd go to Starbucks with every morning. Mitch was the peanut butter to my jelly. Mitch was the apple to my pie. Mitch was my best friend not my crush!

Maybe this wasn't all my fault after all! Maybe this was Mitch's fault! He is the only one I can count on. And previously when I had had a nightmare he had come into my room and sat with me until I fell asleep. And yes I had woken up with Mitch in my bed some nights but not like that. In a fell asleep while watching a movie in bed together way. This was Mitch's fault. He shouldn't comfort me. I should have my boyfriend comfort me. Why was Mitch such a dick sometimes?

A/N

hey hope you enjoyed this chapter. You kind of get a look into how Scott is feeling and what is going on in his head. Please don't hate him though. He has a good reason to be thinking like this.

anyways please vote/comment/share/tell a friend

social media:

tumblr ciaraturner1310

twitter @1310Ciara