Chapter 22

Mitch's P.O.V.

Our intense make out session was interrupted by a loud knock at the door. Scott pulled away from me and jumped out of his seat. He galloped towards the door. "Sc-" I said but it was too late. Scott had forgotten he was topless, out of breath and had a mop on top of his head. Let's just hope it's no one we know. "Hi Kirstie!" Fuck!

I walked out into the hall to see Kirstie standing in the doorway, mouth hanging open. She looked at Scott, then at me. "What?" Scott asked. He looked down at his topless self and gasped. He hid his bandaged arm from her view and ran back into the kitchen. From the corner of my eye I saw him pick up his sweater, pull it over his head and wink at me as he walked back into the hallway, composing himself.

"Hi Kirstie!" He repeated. She looked at me, my breathing had finally began to regulate. "What have you two been doing?" She asked laughing at the blush that appeared on my face. She knew perfectly well what she had walked in on. Both Scott and I stared blankly back at her.

"What are you doing here?" I changed the subject after a long, awkward silence. Kirstie laughed again, closing the door behind her and welcoming herself into our sitting room. "Someone must have a lot on their mind to forget that I told you last night that I would come over today." I blushed even redder. Shit I forgot!

"How are you Kirst?" Scott said, taking no notice what so ever of my embarrassment. "I'm- I'm- well we can get to me later. How are you Scottie? You seem to be feeling better after yesterday..." Scott's smile grew wider, if that was even possible. "I'm great. I feel amazing." He looked at me and burst out laughing.

"Wow! What's going on here?" She said. "Oh nothing..." I said, signalling to Scott to stop laughing. Although now I had started to giggle too. "So... What's going on in your life Kirst?" Scott said through his laughter.

I walked into the kitchen grabbing a glass and began filling it up with water. I could barely hear Scott and Kirstie's conversation. It felt weird... Scott was talking to someone who wasn't me and didn't have to be in the room with him. It's amazing what a kiss can do.

I walked back into the sitting room to hear. "I'm pregnant..." I dropped the tray with the glasses to the floor. They smashed on the ground. Pieces of glass flew all over the place and water splashed against the sofa. "What?" Both me and Scott said together. "I- I'm pregnant."

It took a second for those words to sink in. Pregnant. Kirstie pregnant? No. I'm sure she didn't say that. But she did. "Really?" I squealed. "Yeah." Kirstie smiled. There was a silence in the air.

Then suddenly. "Oh my god! You're pregnant! Really? This is so exciting!!!!" Scott jumped up and down in the air, lifting Kirstie up and squeezing her in a tight hug. "It took you a while Scott." I said joining the hug.

We fell down on the couch together. "How long have you known for? How long along are you?" I spluttered out. "Don't get mad at me when I tell you this." She said, "I've known for two months." My mouth dropped open. "What? Why didn't you tell us?" Scott asked. I knew exactly why she didn't tell us. "Um- well.." She stuttered looking at me for help. Scott's smile faded. "It's because of me wasn't it?" He said. "Scott, I didn't want to make me the center of attention. And I wanted to tell the two of you together."

Scott looked Kirstie dead in the eye. "You should of made yourself the center of attention. You never get attention. I've always got attention." He whispered. "Scott don't think like that." I said. He looked so sad. I really wanted to kiss him and tell him it wasn't his fault. He always put things onto himself. Always made himself the fault and the cause.

"So have you seen the doctor?" I felt Scott tense at that word. "Yeah. Twice. I'm going for my ten week one next week. That's why I came here." She said. I knew exactly what she was going to ask. I begged her with my eyes not to ask. But she didn't see me. "Would guys like to come along?" I felt Scott tense even more. I looked at him to see his eyes squeezed shut. Well done Kirstie!

Scott wanted to come but he couldn't. He wouldn't be able to handle it. But I knew he would feel bad if he denied her offer.

I darted my eyes to Kirstie. "I'm gonna go to the bathroom." She said none the wiser. I really needed to explain to her my eye signals. You'd think she'd know them by now.

Scott's head was flopped down, his eyes closed. I pulled his chin up. "Scott, open your eyes." I said softly. His eyes fluttered open. "We're not going to the hospital with Kirstie." I said to him firmly. "But she asked. I don't want to let her down, just because of some stupid fear." "Scott that is not some stupid fear. It's serious. I still don't know what they did to you in there but I know that if I were you I wouldn't want to face that hospital again for a long time. It doesn't matter. We just tell her we're busy. It's only a ten week scan." "Yeah but I still feel like I'm letting her down." My eyes were locked on his. "You won't let her down, trust me..." I said attaching my lips to his.

I cupped his face with my hand. His hands moved up to loop in his hair. I felt butterflies in my stomach and fireworks in my heart. That's when I heard the crash. I broke away from Scott to see Kirstie standing in the doorway, a broken glass by her feet and a huge smile on her face. "I knew it." She said. "Fucking hell, we'll have no glasses left at this rate!" Scott said, the smile that I loved plastered on his face again.

A/N

Hello guys. Another update. I seem to have so much time during the weekends don't I haha. Ok all you guys who haven't need to check out I can show you how to love, Mr Hoying by @NikkieSmiles16. It is an amazing fanfic and it is driving me crazy. I expect most of you have already read it but I am doing the ones who haven't a favor.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter I think it's kinda cute. comment/vote/share/tell a friend

social media

tumblr ciaraturner1310

twitter @1310Ciara