Part 36

Lucas McMillan's POV.
Day 25, night

I watched Meghan fall backward screaming. She dropped something but I couldn't see because vision was bad from my blood loss. Everything was moving around. The world was spinning.

"Meghan." I croaked out barely. Her face snapped to mine again and the once held fear had vanished and replaced with a look of pain. Was she hurt? I hope I didn't scare her. Did her fall hurt her? It's all my fault.

"Lucas." She breathed out slowly. As if she couldn't believe I was really here. She blinked a few times before she scrambled to her feet and ran to me. My arms wobbled as I sat up. I felt her soft hands grab my face the next thing I knew she kissed me. It was a kiss of passion. Filled with love. But then she pulled away.

"Darren!!" She yelled. Darren? Wait where did she get those clothes? Clean clothes actually. "Who's Darren?" I said softly and she didn't hear me. I looked into her eyes and she was crying. "Meghan don't cry." I said loudly and it hurt my throat. She turned her head back to mine. She wasn't talking to me why was that?

Meghan held my arms and tried to help me up. But I was too weak. And she wasn't strong enough to hold me up. Out of nowhere a man with black hair helped her to lift me up. Does she know him?
Seeing black, my eyes began to droop and that's when I heard her sweet angelic voice. "Stay awake Lucas. Please stay awake."

Her encouraging words helped me keep my eyes open for a few seconds before they dropped back down again. "But I want to close my eyes..." I trailed off. The man named Darren had my arm around his shoulder and Meghan had my right arm around hers. "No, Lucas please keep them open. As long as you can."

"Your voice makes me more tired...Silly lullaby voice...." I grinned but my head was still spinning.

"She's pretty."  I said pointing to Meghan. That was the last thing I said.

•••
Meghan Polinsky's POV.

"She's pretty." Lucas said looking at Darren then pointing at me. Then his eyes fully closed and his head lolled backwards. "Lucas! No wake up!" I yelled trying to shake him. "This is bad!" I said. If he 'falls asleep' he's probably going to be unconscious for a long time.

"Hey, Meghan it's okay." Darren reassured me. I shook my head.

"I'm just worried." I admit.

"That's very normal Meghan. He's your friend and we got him now that is all that matters." Darren finished his sentence just as we got to the Jeep. Lucas is not just my friend that's for sure. I thought while smiling. Darren sat him in the back and I strapped him in before sitting beside him. A faint ringing noise was playing and I jumped at the sudden normality. Darren pulled out his phone and looked at the one who was calling. "Shit." He swore.

"What? What's wrong?"

"It's Ana." Was all he said before answering it. Well. We are in deep shit.

"Hello?" I saw Darren wince and pull his phone slightly away from his head. I could even hear the screaming voice of Ana from my spot next to Lucas. I turned to face him and like every time I do he takes my breath away. I lifted my hand up to his dirty blonde hair that has gotten extremely messy over time. His blue eyes I love so much were covered by his eyelids. I wanted him to open his eyes so badly. I wanted him to look at me again. Just one more time.

I didn't realize I was crying until a single tear splashed onto his cheek bone. I quickly wiped it away then moved my pale looking hand to his hair and moved it away from his eyes. I leaned town and kissed his forehead. When I pulled away I saw a small smile grace his lips before it was gone. "I love you." I said before I even realized I did.