Chapter 13 - The Exorcism

Burning is a normal sensation, right? It's normal to feel the pain deep inside your chest when you awaken from a deep slumber. Well, perhaps 'normal' isn't the correct connotation for what Kain was experiencing, but it wasn't a completely unknown feeling. During his time spent down in the Fourth District of Hell, the hybrid had experienced summonings and attacks that brought a similar feeling to the very center of his physical being. This time, however, felt entirely different.

All Kain could remember was briefly seeing his beloved before that pain started. He saw her so vividly, fully fleshed out, standing before him after having been separated for so long. But just as quickly as dream sequences happen, they image of his beloved before him was so easily torn away. Now, the hybrid lay completely still with his eyes still shut tight, listening to what seemed to be some form of ancient speech being rambled in the background of his mind.

He recognized that voice. But he couldn't necessarily recall who it belonged to.

"How long does this usually take? Why is he still unconscious?"

That voice was new. That was a voice the hybrid didn't recognize at all.

Although, that new voice was followed by that familiar one, once again.

"Enough questions, Daemon. I need to concentrate to make this successful," Chokichi scolded the owner of the unfamiliar voice.

Chokichi? Why would his voice be in my thought-- Before the hybrid could finish his train of thought, another wave of pain overtook his internal physical being. It was at this point that Kain finally decided to peel his eyes open.

Straddling overtop of the hybrid's chest sat the infamous darkened angel, Chokichi. He held a cross shaped emblem in one hand while the other grasped tightly onto Kain's throat, nails digging into the side to hold him firmly in place.

"Apsolve hoc cordem!" Every syllable Chokichi exclaimed had projected throughout the atmosphere like a series of clear bullets to pierce the hybrid's soul.

With the following surge of pain rushing its way through the hybrid's system, those bright green eyes shot open to see the familiar angel stationed over him. The burning radiated from the core of his chest out to every inch of his body. Eekainine struggled in his spot on that hard floor, squirming and wiggling in an attempt to free himself from the angel's grasp. That only made things worse, though. The more he moved, the harder Chokichi's grip around his throat seemed to be.

"Kichi, be careful," Daemon's voice barely cut through the screams of pain the hybrid now emitted after fully waking up to the situation.

The Latin continued over the wretched screams of pain. Chokichi didn't hear the warning that came from behind him, but the chances of him listening were fairly slim if he had heard it anyway. Once an exorcism had begun, it was extremely dangerous to simply stop the progression until it was over.

Just as Chokichi had scooted himself lower on Kain's abdomen, however, the hybrid shifted just enough to knock the angel's balance off. And all Kain's pain filled rage saw was that fault from the being above him.

With his right arm lifting upwards suddenly from where it was pinned beneath Chokichi's legs being on either side of him, the hybrid swiftly knocked him off from his perch. Kain immediately bolted upright, his own claws scratching down his throat and the top of his exposed chest where the robes he wore split. That burning pain resonated from where the now red marks from his scratching, constantly digging for a way to rid or alleviate that impossibly painful sensation.

Whatever spell Chokichi had arranged for Eekainine, it certainly was working.

Cautiously, Chokichi backed away from the hybrid, his dark brown eyes never once straying from that writhing tormented soul. He remained crouched down to be on a decent level to lunge at the hybrid once more, if necessary. Beside him, Daemon sat on the cold concrete floor, eagerly and worriedly watching the exorcism unfold.