But it's love

Garrett

"What do you mean, we're going on holiday? You can't just spring that on me."

I'm confused. He was so mad at me last night. Why would he arrange this?

"I felt so bad about last night," He pauses, remorse across his face, "And you deserve a treat. So I booked a holiday to Italy."

"I-Italy?"

I've always wanted to go to Italy. It's been my dream since I was 16. But right now, I'm really not up for a holiday.

"See, I knew you'd love the idea. I need to go shopping for some bits, I can trust you not to leave right?"

Yeah, I'm not leaving this house with my cluster of bruises and misshapen arm. Don't worry Cam.

"Of course you can trust me, love."

Once he's gone I just sit there. Trying to get around to the idea of Italy. I'm being so ungrateful right now. My boyfriend has arranged this amazing trip and I don't want to go. What's wrong with me? He's trying to make up for last night, I should appreciate that right?

If it was Andrew, well if it was Andrew I wouldn't even consider it. I wouldn't care where we went. We could stay in some shitty one-star motel for all I care. What am I even saying? I hate that guy. I hate all of them.

Andrew

A palpable tension hangs through the air. We're all dreading this. My stomach churns at the thought of seeing him again. All bruised and broken. With lost hope.

Looking across to Shane, his hands tremble as he tries to maneuver the car into the next lane. He's just as scared as I am.

"I can take over driving."

"I'm fine Ry." He says it through gritted teeth, while simultaneously trying to say it calmly. It does not sound good.

"No need to snap."

He leans back in his seat.

"God is that all you really care about? The fact that I snapped. Not the fact that our friend could be dying right now."

I gulp, never thinking before that Garrett could be dying right now. Hurt, yes but not dying.

"Get a grip, Shane. Of course, I care about Garrett and you know I do. So stop trying to make me out as the bad guy. And stop filling Andrew's head with pictures of Garrett dying."

I really don't want to be brought into this. But I hate seeing them fight. They've always been such a power couple. Scarcely ever fighting. Me and Gare have always said that we wanted to find a love like them. Have an unbreakable bond with someone. To love them day in day out. To not love someone despite their flaws but to love them for their flaws. And I thought I had that with Garrett.

"Guys, please stop fighting. It's not helping Garrett."

"Ok but Shane started it."

"RYLAND."

I raise my voice causing them both to flinch. Seriously, why is everyone so scared by that, have I never yelled before?

"Ok fineee. I'm sorry Shane."

"Love you Ry."

He blows a kiss from the front seat. Ryland sits there pouting.

"What's up now?"

I'm so over this car journey. Honestly, the sooner we get there the better.

"He didn't say sorry back."