So the dates going good huh?

....Me: hey cam. Drinks Monday?

I switch it off not expecting a response. Well, not one soon.

"Garrett," Shane whispers. I suddenly snap to attention, giving him an apologetic look.

"I think it's time for Andrew to go to the bathroom," Shane says loudly.

I take Andrew to the bathroom. I try to forget about my feelings for him and act like his best friend. It's hard though. So hard.

"So?"

"She's gorgeous. I think I could really get on with her."

"That's awesome man. Great."

"Thanks. Thank you for doing this for me. We should probably head back out now though."

I wish we could have stayed there longer. It was honestly the best bit of my day. And yes I know how sad that sounds.

I guess we've moved on from eating now. I'm still hungry. This isn't fair. I just wanna eat. Shane suggests it's time for talent sharing and I know Andrew is going to kill me. He made me promise not to tell anyone.

Andrew

How could Garrett of told them? I can't fucking rap in front of her, can I? I mean, I guess if Garrett thinks I can then maybe I should have faith in myself. Well, I kinda have to now. Don't I? I feel better now that he's standing beside me but honestly, I don't even realize what I'm doing or saying. I just rap some random lyrics about Garrett and other shit. Megan then takes her turn to rap. To be honest she's not bad. I like confidence in a girl.

Garrett

I'm so proud of my boy for getting through that. He must like her if he's willing to rap for her. Shane then comes up with a suggestion that rips my soul. He wants them to slow dance. Seriously Shane. You have to be kidding me. Way to go to make me feel lonely. Matt gives me a somewhat reassuring smile as the music starts.

Damn, they look good together. And it looks romantic. Why can't it be me up there with him? It's not fair. I've loved him way longer than her. Please stop slow dancing. Please just stop. I can't watch this for much longer. Finally, they stop. Too late. My heart is officially broken.

"Dessert time," Shane calls.

I produce a payday which I know is Andrew's favorite.

"I've never had one of these before," Megan laughs.

How has someone never had a payday before? I try to get back into the date. For Andrew if nothing else.

"Why don't you ask more romantic questions?"

Andrew gives the sweetest answer in the world to the question and I think I fell even more in love with him. He's definitely elevated my talent. I finally get a small chance at food with Andrew's payday but Shane stops me.

Then Andrew reads out my question.

"Favourite natural environment? That was a Garrett thing."

He knows me so well.

Finally, me and Shane leave to let them say goodbye. That means it's over, I guess. While they're gone, I pull out my phone.

2 unread messages

Cam🍻: Monday sounds perfect

Cam🍻: how's the blind date?

Me: it goes great. Love bringing people together

Cam🍻:awwww. See u Monday beautiful.

Just for a moment, my heart flutters, and I smile for the first time tonight. No one's called me beautiful in a long long time. I honestly don't feel anything when they both plan a second date. Ok, that's a lie. I feel a little sad but what can I guy do? I have my date to look forward to. Cam could be the guy for me. I hope so at least. It might help me get over this stupid crush?

Megan leaves pretty soon after and we finish up filming. Matt gets an Uber home which I'm very grateful for. Andrew looks like he's on cloud nine right now and I know I should be happy but I just can't. Cam isn't Andrew, as much as I try to convince myself.

"Hey And, you need a lift tonight?" I offer.

"That would be great thanks, I don't really fancy an Uber at this time. Probably try to kidnap me or something."

We both walk down the drive in silence and get into the car. He smiles hesitantly at me.

"Wasn't tonight great?"

"The best." Through gritted teeth.

He doesn't seem to notice it though. We pull up at his apartment.

"Hey it's late, do you want to stay the night?" He offers.

I'm about to say no but for some reason, I nod my head. He unlocks the door and pulls me inside.

"Man it's cold out there." He grins.

I nod my head in agreement. Too tired to make any more noise.

He hands me a blanket and turns to go to bed. Before he leaves he turns around one more time and says

"You're such a good friend, Garrett, getting me my dream girl like that. What would I do without you?"

With that, he turns and heads to bed. I stand there rethinking about what he said. "Friend". Ouch. I just got friend-zoned. Well, obviously I did. Don't know why I'm surprised. That's all I'll be to him. As he shuts the door I whisper to myself and any ghosts who may be listening.

"I love you, Andrew Siwicki."

No response, I'm glad for that at least. I would die if he heard me say that. I find a bit of scrap paper on his desk and scribble a note. I can't stay here tonight. Not when I feel like this. I throw the pen down and walk out, gently shutting the door behind me.

"I love you, Andrew."

I say it again. Still no response and with that, I head home to my lonely apartment.

(A/N if you haven't guessed this was part two to the previous chapter. I promise there's going to be some good interactions between Garrett and Andrew so keep reading for that. The next chapter should be out soonish. Thank you for 65 reads. Xx)

Qotc: Have you ever been friend-zoned?

My Answer: Only about a million times. I think everyone is friend-zoned at least once in their life. Or maybe I'm just unlucky.