Hero?

(Tw: self-harm, domestic abuse, mentions of sexual assault)

Garrett

My hand rests on the door. Trembling. Unsure of what to do. I know what I have to do. I'm just not sure if I can actually do it. Admit that Cam is violent. But Shane will see it in a bad way. He'll try to protect me from him. When all Cam does is love me. But I have to warn him. I can't risk Cam seeing him.

I flung the door open, ready to run outside. Too late. Cam's already back. Talking to Shane. I wish I could hear what they're saying. Actually, I need to know what they're saying. Swallowing my fear, I run down to join them.

"Hey, babe. You're home early."

"Am I? I was just so desperate to see you." He leans across to give me a quick kiss. I tremble as his lips brush across mine. I've become scared of his touch.

Shane's looking curiously at me now. I see him look at my trembling hands. Cam's eyes are solely focused on my arms. The hidden scratches he made. And I know Shane sees him looking.

"Is everything ok Garrett? We were just talking about your relationship."

Cam reaches out for my arm.

"Of course Shane." I lie smoothly as he digs his nails into my scars, causing me to give a small whisper of pain.

"Well, are you still come round tonight?"

I know he thinks he's helping but really, Cam's going to kill me once we're alone. Shane is making it sound like I wanted to go out tonight.

"No, you can't Garrett. We've got a special night planned. Don't we?"

I can't lie now. He'll kill me. Literally. And I'm not here for that.

"Uh yeah. Sorry Shane, I completely forgot."

He gives me a look as he walks back to the car. I know exactly what that look means- We'll talk about this later. And what the fuck is going on with you?

We wait together in the driveway for Shane to leave. My body trembles for what's about to happen. I wish Andrew was here. Here to protect me from Cam. I just have to remember that he does it out of love, not hate.

"So Garrett. Been up to much while I was out? Like inviting those disgusting friends of your's round? And why did he think you were going round tonight? You know I don't like you going out."

"I'm sorry. I don't know what Shane was talking about. You know I wanted to spend tonight with you."

I'm trying to placate him but I'm not sure it's working. I shouldn't have mentioned Shane. It definitely sounds like I'm lying.

Grasping my arm, he pulls me closer to him. Our bodies touching. His hot breath on my neck.

Shane

Something is definitely wrong. I don't trust that guy at all. But I can't prove anything. And Garrett won't tell me what's going on. So what can I do? Ryland's going to kill me though.

Pulling up outside the house I see him and Andrew waiting. They were waiting for Garrett. Confusion crosses their faces as they don't see him next to me. This quickly turns anger.

"What the fuck Shane. Where's Garrett?"

"He wouldn't come with me. Cam came home and I couldn't do anything."

"Well, you should have done something."

I look up at Andrew. Andrew who's been silent. Tears are forming in the corner of his eyes. He turns to face Ryland.