Baby mama (Calum Hood Fluff)

Summary: Calum being on tour while (Y/N) is pregnant, makes her insecurities hit the ceiling. 
(Request: brideofharrystyles) (Words: 2.6k)
--

My eyes open as I feel a sharp pain low on my stomach. My hand automatically goes to it, stroking the protruding bump in an effort to soothe the fetus, who is testing its moving limits.
"Mama's awake." I whisper, fixing my back so I can rest comfortably on the bed.
I stroke my thumb over it, feeling my baby move inside me. It is still weird, even after a month since the first kick, it still feels strange.
"Are you hungry?" I ask, waiting to see if the baby will react to my voice. I smile as I get up, stretching lightly as I cradle my belly and walk in the bathroom, humming a tune to fill the silence that is taking over the whole house.

Calum tried everything to push the promotion tour for later, at least for after I would have given birth, to be here and help me now that I have gotten heavy, but it was proved to be impossible. So while Calum travels the world, I get to stay back alone, with a baby in my belly that makes everything, from walking to dressing up, a resilience test.
I know he would give everything away and got to my side the moment I would ask for him, but at this point it is not something I want to do since it would cause everyone, from management to fans, to flip out and blame me for getting him away.
I slip out of my pajamas and turn the faucet of the tub on, deciding that a warm bath will help both me and my baby calm and feel rested, even though I could barely sleep for more than 3 hours last night.
I submerge myself in the water, leaning my head back and closing my eyes, hoping that the warmth will help the baby calm down, since kicking and moving make me feel weak and sick. I feel massive, but I know that this is just the price I have to pay to have my perfect little baby.

"Oh, thank God you are ok..." A voice snaps me out of my sleep. I open my eyes, finding Sierra hovering above the bathtub and clutching her chest.
"Dude, I am naked." I protest, rubbing my eyes.
"I have been calling you for the past 45 minutes, no answer. I was worried." Si tells me, handing me a towel from the hamper.
"I fell asleep. The baby was uneasy all night long." I groan, getting out of the tub and wrapping the towel around my body.
"I am sorry for that, sweety. But that shows that the baby is alright, right?" She asks me, knitting her eyebrows together.
"Yeah, I guess. But for now, I am craving a good nap without flinching in the middle of it." I chuckle and she laughs.
"Sorry, boo. I can't help with that now. But I can get you breakfast and cheer you up with some shopping. I know you haven't been out of the house for a while now, your brother told me last night..." Sierra smiles supportively at me, trying to get me to say yes to her suggestion.
"Wait, you talked with Luke last night?" I ask, looking at her confused as I move to brush my teeth.
"Yeah? Why?" She looks at me puzzled.
"I thought they would get back to the hotel when it would be late in here?"
"They did. But Luke wanted to check on me so he called..." She explains and I nod.
"What?" She asks me, moving to stand by my side.
"Nothing... Just... Calum hasn't called me yet. We spoke yesterday morning and I asked him if I should stay up and wait for a call. He told me it would be late and that he would be calling me in the morning, but I have no calls. And it is not like he is on the other side of the world, he is in New York, there is not much of a time difference..." I mumble, shrugging my shoulders as I stick the toothbrush in my mouth.
Sierra sighs, looking at me through the mirror.
"I am sure he had a reason. Calum adores you." She tries to reason me. I nod my head, yet the pit of my stomach tightens, making me feel worried. Sierra is right; Calum adores me, so this is not like him. And he certainly adores this baby, there has not been a single day ever since we found out I am pregnant that he has not talked to the bump, and sure, touring makes it harder for him to do that, but he still facetimed me and made me point the camera to the bump for the first few days.
I brush my teeth and spit out the toothpaste, splashing some water on my face to get my head straight.
"I'll go get dressed and then I want that breakfast you promised. Your niece is getting hungry." I point my finger at her, making her raise her hands in defeat.
"Fine. But the baby could be a boy." She mumbles, making me giggle.