✔34

Taymor

"Will you marry me?"

"I'M SORRY WHAT?"

Jahseh burst in through the door startling the hell out of me. I took in a deep breath facing him sucking my teeth in.

"Did I hear you right Tay or are my ears playing tricks on me?"His voice louder than necessary.

"First of all why in the hell are you eavesdropping? That's rude as fuck Jahseh!"I tried keeping my voice as calm as possible.

"Nah uh don't try switching this to be about me. You just asked-HIM-to fucking marry you!"

"Who is marrying who?"Nick casually strolled in drinking a tropical Gatorade followed by the others. I rolled my eyes letting out a groan.

"Can y'all leave?"I huffed.

"He asked Jamell to marry him!"Jahseh yelled. Nick chocked on his drink coughing violently as the others screamed a bunch of 'what's'. I rolled my eyes again already getting annoyed by their presence.

"Whew...I have cotton in my ears...."Nick spoke patting his chest trying to stop coughing."Jah what you say? I sure as hell aint hear you right. "He cleared his throat.

"I aint stutter Nicholas."

"TAY FUCKING MOR! IS YOU fucking SERIOUS!"Nick yelled but still occasionally coughed. I just tucked in my lips not bothering to answer him. "Say something the fuck!"

"Y'all get the fuck out now."I said calmly through gritted teeth."I MEAN IT!"I snapped. They stood there staring at me before the turned around leaving the room and Jahseh's extra ass had to slam the door."God!"I scoffed running my hand over my face."Sorry about that."I licked my lips turning to Jamell. I found him staring at the ceiling his lower lip stuck between his teeth."Lemme ask again. Wil-"

"I heard you the first time. "He cut me off. His voice was flat and emotionless which increased my nervousness.

"Well..."I chuckled to ease the tension. "What do you say?"I cleared my voice at the end looking down at my hands on my lap. The duvet pattern seemed pretty interesting to me right about now. He didn't say anything and the silence was killing me. Turning to him again he had his eyes closed now."I know this is so sudden so you don't have to say anything right now. I'll leave you to think about it so don't str-"

"Why?"He cut me off again. I chuckled.

"Why? Well because e it would be ridiculous to force you to answer-"

"I mean why'd you ask me this?"He clarified now sitting up to face me. I swallowed my spit."Is cuz I'm dying?"

"No!"I answered quickly without thinking."I mean yes bu-"

"So you doing this out of pity?"

"NO! Of course not!"I snapped breathing in harshly."And will you stop fucking interrupting me!"I retorted. He was silent and I took that as a yes."Thank you."I exhaled."Now I know that you-you don't got much time. But I don't pity you Jamell."I more than anybody else knows how Jamell feels about pity let alone the emotion being directed towards him. I took his hands in mine trying to make him look at me but his eyes were fixed on the ceiling."Listen to me okay. I don't pity you at all. In fact I admire you I see how hard you are trying to fight this. I see your determination to live and I want to be a part of that. Besides I've always wanted to get us married. I used to bug you all the time about it."I smiled slightly at those memories.

"Yeah only cuz you was scared we would get caught by the police or die in them streets cuz of the life we were living."I could tell he was reminiscing too."According to you, you wanted to go down a cuffed man. "He chuckled.