THIRTEEN

STRUGGLING SEOULS
.

"Has anyone been in contact with Helen Cho?"

Sadie's heart dropped. This explained why Ultron spared Helen at the party- he was going to use her to make a body. The thought of her colleague being used that way made Sadie's stomach churn. She could feel the eyes of everyone in the room on her. For the entire conversation, she had been mostly quiet, unsure where she stood in all this. The Avengers and an extra. And now, they were all looking at her and she had nothing useful to say.

"Last I heard she's back in Seoul," Sadie explained from where she stood, leaning against the kitchen counter. "She flies back and forth between New York and there every other week."

"I thought she was an environmentalist," Tony spoke from across the room and Sadie rolled her eyes.

"None of us are environmentalists, we fly around like no tomorrow," Clint added and Tony nodded like it was a decent point.

"Struggling to find the relevance of this conversation, fellas," Natasha spoke, rolling her eyes not dissimilarly to Sadie. "If Ultron wanted a body- could Cho even do that?"

"The Regeneration Cradle is just that," Sadie continued. "It regenerates tissue. It can't make it from scratch. We just don't have the technology to make biomass like that."

"But Ultron has the sceptre," Steve countered, his voice in that low tone it had when he was figuring something out. "Dr Selvig was able to create technology he never dreamed of when he was under its influence."

"That was what helped create the wormhole in New York," Natasha added, and Sadie was grateful for the clarification. "So if it could enlighten him..."

"Then, it'll be happening again?" Sadie asked, and was rewarded with several nodding heads. She turned her back to the group, opting to stare out of the window than let them see the anxiety she knew was in her face. Helen Cho, who had always been so kind to her, was under Ultron's control?

"Dr Moore," Fury's voice was steady behind her, yet strangely like a warning as she took a deep breath. "Could you undo it? Could you free her, if we're right?"

Sadie thought for a moment. Thought about the rawness of her power, like a stem cell, able to adapt and change. But even stem cells needed coding to do so.

"I couldn't mimic the power of the sceptre," Sadie said. "I've never even seen it in action. But, maybe I could try and undo any damage in her mind. I'd have to get close enough."

"Catch a ride with us," Nat said, simply, and she was incredibly grateful. If Sadie was made to sit idly by while her colleague was in danger, she was sure she would lose her mind.

"I think that's the best route," Sadie nodded.

"Well, it's not like you can walk there, Intern," Tony spoke, and Sadie shot him a playful warning look. The truth was, she really didn't mind the nickname, rather she found it quite endearing that Stark had boiled down her extensive career in such a way. Most other people she met thought she was the smartest person on Earth.

"Natasha, Clint and I will tackle the Cradle while Isadora works on Cho," Steve said. "Whoever needs to go to NEXUS can finish the job over there and we'll reconvene at Avengers Tower after its all done."

"Who said you ever needed me?" Fury said, and yet there was a hint of pride in his voice.

The Avengers' turnaround was a sight to see. Within five minutes, everybody was suited up and ready to go- there was no hesitation, nobody taking up time in the mirror or any weakest link. It was all so quick that Sadie somehow managed to be the last one ready, even though she only had to pack away her things.