0.FOREWORD | SUMMARIES | PLAYLIST

▬▬▬

F O R E W O R D

I've been planning this book for the past year or so, and it really is one of my biggest projects I've ever done.

This story means a lot to me as many of the characters and events are based on personal experiences, so I thank you for the willingness to spare a moment of your time to read it.

The chapters in this book have been pre-written, so the updating schedule will be constant, and a new chapter will (hopefully) be published every day.

However, please do keep in mind that most of these chapters were written at three A.M. while listening to depressed lo-fi. (Just putting that out there)

With that said, enjoy the book, and (even more hopefully) prepare to cry :)

This book is dedicated to my friend, who once grabbed a book and said, "I love it," without even reading the blurb on the back. When asked why, she said because it was gay.

So there you go, a gay book just for you.  bellasrecords

This book contains and is mainly based off of LGBTQ+ themes, such as BXB and GXG, discovering and understand one's sexual orientation, and coming out to family members.

(But like, honestly, it literally shows in the description that all three of the main characters are gay disasters, so not gonna lie, I don't know what you expected if you're uncomfortable with these themes)

There are also mentions of deaths of loved ones and friends, suicide, with some minimal use of slurs and strong language.

▬▬▬

E X T E N D E D   S U M M A R I E S

Isabella Del Vecchio, the social anxiety-ridden, quiet new girl.

Her life was plain, just stay away from the popular and stick to yourself, and to make sure that she never exposes her feelings towards the girl that she has a hopeless crush on that happens to be one of the popular, Ro Zhang.

However, things are hard to avoid when you find them crying in a stall after crying over the death of their friend.

After a school assembly about a boy who had passed away from his terminal illness, Isabella was in one of the girl's bathrooms stall, comforting the girl that she swore to stay away from.

She thought that would be it, all the relations between the bubbly, cheerful girl and herself, the boring, shy nobody.

But what she didn't expect, was for Nathan Smith, the brunette, emerald-eyed, popular captain of the baseball team, sitting in the chair next to her in group therapy because of the death of his best friend.

And sooner or later, Isabella finds herself getting dragged deeper and deeper into the death of a boy that she has never even met.

At least I can enjoy it, I guess. For however long it lasts.

Nathan Smith, the school's golden boy. Rich, handsome, popular, and the captain of the baseball team.

He had everything anyone could ask for. Girls practically launched themselves at him, he was at the top of the pyramid that the students called popularity, and he got along well with his family.

However, one day, everything came crashing down.

Announced by the principal herself in a surprise assembly in the middle of French, his best friend was dead.

After being dragged into group therapy, he slowly discovered scary, petrifying feelings for his ex-best friend that he didn't even realise existed in the first place.

His mind was a constant mess, his heart had been shattered in pieces and stomped on, and his eyes were always filled to the brim with warm, salty tears.

That is, until one day, he was ordered by the school counsellor to go to group therapy. In which, he met Isabella Del Vecchio, a brunette, quiet and stuttering girl.

He needed comfort, and Isabella was there for him.

The wrong person, in the right place, at the right time.

I don't even know why I even think of him so much, but I do, and it hurts.

Lucas Middleton, a sarcastic and quiet teenage prodigy.

Gifted with amazing talents ever since he was a young age, he had always been thinking. From his Maths scores, to his family's financial income, to what coloured shirt he would have to wear to not attract the most attention in the school hallways, his head was constantly filled up.

However, the thing that took up most of the space in his head was his best friend, Nathan Smith.

He admired him.

Nathan had everything he didn't, and Lucas had always wondered why the most popular boy in school would hang out with a nobody like him.

He had also always wondered why his fingers trembled with he was with him, or why his heartbeat sped up drastically whenever they made accidental skin to skin contact, or why his stomach would be filled with butterflies whenever the said boy flashed a charming smile at him.

But then, he realised that mere thinking wasn't helping with the butterflies in his stomach.

Neither was it helping with the quickening of the usually steady rhythm of his heart, or the shakiness of his fingers, or his undeniable, helpless, and hopeless feelings.

Then, with his final diagnosis, he realised that his death wasn't far.

He didn't fear death, in fact, he embraced it. He rejoiced in the thought of carelessness, and in a bizarre way, he thought that it would be a weight lifted off not only his shoulders, but others as well.

But, he just can't let these feelings go.

These horrible, horrible fucking feelings.

I love you.

▬▬▬

P L A Y L I S T

I've made a playlist on Spotify with the songs that I listen to while writing this book/songs that fit the themes of a certain character. It has been arranged in a way so the themes of the songs fit with the character's perspective as you read along.

I strongly encourage you to listen to the playlist while reading the book, and if you're interested you can either just search up, "AGTLM" on Spotify, or follow this link below :)

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1pwMTRHW8sWbZKI9FYZ9oA?si=0rSZgGCDR1qQvmfkinPo6w

(There's an external link attached below!)

▬▬▬