"Sure" I muttered coldly, leaving her alone and heading upstairs.
I didn't know how i was going to do it, but I wasn't going to let this woman just go. I needed her in my life, I couldn't survive without her.

I stormed into my bathroom and let myself settle in the bathtub, enjoying the feel of the hot water on my skin.
Whoever said hot baths wasn't healthy clearly didn't know how therapeutic it was.
After I was done bathing, i prayed and changed into fresh clothes. A pink himar and niqab.
For some reason,  I used a bit of mascara and eyeliner and proceeded to wear my glasses and sneakers.

We had agreed that Imaan would come over to mine's before Yasmeen drove to pick us up and as soon I shoved my credit card and essentials into my purse, I heard her voice downstairs.
I text Yasmeen.

ME: HEY, we're all set!

It takes a few minutes to get a reply from her.

Yasmeen: kk, I arrive soon!

I walk downstairs and walk into Ummi and Imaan chatting.

"Oh you look cute!" Imaan exclaimed staring at me.

I rolled my eyes.

I hear Yasmeen's honk and signal Imaan.

"This is our cue to leave" I muttered, avoiding any eye contact with my mother while Imaan hugs her, catching up with me at the doorstep.

"Is everything okay?" She asks me, once she's walking beside me.

"Why?"

"I could feel the tension in the room Elham. Are things okay between you and your mum?" Imaan asked as I spotted Yasmeen's car. I didn't know what type of car it was, but it was definitely one of those expensive luxury cars. I wasn't even surprised after seeing their mansion the other day. She clearly had rich parents.

"Don't worry, everything is fine" I smiled at her. She knew it was a fake smile and I was lying, but decided to let it go because we were already standing right in front of Yasmeen's car.

"Hey guys, so here's an update. Amna has been suspended from school and the teacher will be expelled by tomorrow. I honestly wish she were expelled but her parents have a great influence over that school so I guess the school can't get rid off her easily" Yasmeen rambled as we drove off.

"Well, at least we won't be seeing her face or hearing her annoying voice for some time" Imaan mentioned.

"Totally" I agreed.

"But who did that go her anyway?" Imaan asked.

"I have no idea. And she has a lot of enemies so nobody knows which one of them it is. And, I overheard some students talking about how the two of you were probably behind it because of the last encounter that happened at my house. Of course I confronted them, warned them and threatened them" Yasmeen continued rambling. Imaan responded to her while I struggled to find my vibrating phone in my wallet.
Sufy's name flashed on the screen and I picked it up.

He shot me a glare.
"Hello to you too" I said sarcastically.
"Why do you never ever pick up my calls?!!!" He yelled.

"Relax, I only missed one call and I was gonna call you back later tonight" I responded, as his look softened.

"Okay, but make sure you always pick up or I'll get worried that something is wrong with you" He whined.

"Fine, I'll do just that. How've you been? How's school?"
I asked him, changing the subject of the conversation.

"Alhamdulillah. I'll be graduating from high school next week!" He announced.

"That's great. I almost forgot we live in two different countries with different timings. Are you excited? And how're your parents?" I asked , noticing Yasmeen and Imaan were still on the Amna topic.

"I'm excited, duh. Maybe I'll pay you a visit after graduation. Anyway. How're you?" He asked.

I was so happy at the thought of seeing Sufyan after all these years.

"I'm fine. And yes, please come. We have a lot of catching up to do!" Was I really fine? No. Was I going to tell anyone that I actually felt like my life was falling apart? Definitely not.

"Oh you don't have to tell me. I have a lot of people I'm gonna have to handle when I arrive. Starting with that Amna" he said.
I raised my head to notice we were at starbucks.

"Where are you anyway?" He asked . I flipped the call to the back camera. Giving him a view of Yasmeen and Imaan walking into the cafe with me behind them.

"I'm with Imaan and Yasmin. Wanted grabbing some coffee and just seating out" I said

"Sounds like y'all are having fun. But I thought Yasmin was the bitch that let her sister bully you?" I could hear the growing rage in his voice.

Yasmeen stopped in her tracks and turned to me.

"Hey! I heard that!" She yelled, before grabbing the phone from my hands.

"Hey you! First off, I'm not a bitch, you look more like one. Secondly, I don't know what you heard but I most certainly did not watch my friend getting bullied by my sister without saying anything. Now, if you may excuse us, we have some girl time so maybe you call her later when I can't hear your freaking voice, BITCH" and then she ends the call.

At this point, everyone inside the building was staring at us.
I hated the sudden attention we got. Yasmeen took a deep breath while my eyes I scanned the room, and the I literally froze when they landed on familiar grey eyes, boring into mine. He looked like a zombie, a handsome zombie.
My two friends followed my sight line and were almost as surprised as I was.

"Interesting" Imaan mumbled as we finally walked to an empty table.
This better not be some sort of plan between Yasmeen and Asaad to get me to talk to him, because I definitely would not fall for it.

Or maybe I would.

Author's note: Salaam readers! I'd like to apologize for literally disappearing after leaving you all at a cliff hanger. I hope you enjoyed this chapter.
Don't forget to Vote, Comment and Share.
Thank you!