08 - ill admit, that hurt.

C H A P  T E R  E I G H T

<3

IT WAS FINALLY THE WEEKEND and i couldn't be more happier. Going through this week of the never ending kiss me and Johnny had from Annie i think my ear was actually gonna fall off. Paisley has had us working our asses off on everything. P.E was cancelled since prom was being set up. So far we have a lot of glow sticks in boxes, paint, black lights, Colored cups, and just more colored essentials.

Prom was only a month and a half away and all you could see around schools are promposals. I'd be lying if i said i wasn't wishing for Johnny to ask me. A few weeks of knowing him and i'm already developing feelings. He's not the boy i once thought he was. He was caring, sweet, and funny. Yes he had his 'badboy' flaws but, under all that material he's a huge softy.

"Mackenzie we're all gonna go out to eat at i hop if you wanna come" Jayden comes up grabbing my forearm leaning her head on my shoulder.

"sure but my cars in the shop right now."

"that's fine johnny could pick you up" she winks. I instantly roll my eyes shaking my head.

"who's gonna ask him because i'm not"

"i will" she says happily running off to find him. I walk home getting ready i just throw on a pair of blue jeans and a white blouse.

"Mackenzie your boyfriends here" I run down the stairs in confusion. Maddie's standing by the door smirking, Johnny's standing there with his hand in his pockets. He looked nervous.

"he's not my boyfriend" I shove into her looking down. I wish i could say she was right. We walk down my stairs towards his car, a black Mercedes. I'm too poor to even be sitting in this kind of car. "sorry about that" I give a close mouth smile as he opens the door for me and i slip in.

He walks around the car getting in "it's alright i'm not complaining" he smirks starting the engine and we're off.

this has been the most eventful month of my life. A new boy comes to school, go to a party with him the first day i meet him, flirts with me non stop, get in a food fight, help out with literally prom, sneak out at 2 am, get kissed, and now i'm going out with all my friends to I hop. How many people can say that? '8TEEN' by Khalid comes on and johnny turns it up. He shines his bright smile at me and starts singing. I tried not to sing along but i couldn't help myself. The windows rolled down, the wind in my hair, this all feels like a dream.

Minutes later we're pulling into I hop and we see our friends standing at the entrance. We step out of the car greeting them. "let's go i'm starving" Annie drags me by the arms in front of everyone. We all sit at a booth waiting for the waitress.

"so Johnny you gonna ask Kenzie to prom" I spit out my water and look up at Armani with a concerned face for me. I grab a napkin wiping it looking at Johnny messing with his straw.

"no" he glances at me looking back at armani. I'll admit, that hurt. Breaking the awkwardness the waitress comes. After dinner we're all outside taking pictures of each other posting them on instagram.

 After dinner we're all outside taking pictures of each other posting them on instagram