Chapter 25: The Fight

"Penelope?" Lizzie's voice was shaking. Penelope didn't respond.

"PENELOPE WHERE IS JOSIE?" Lizzie screamed.

More and more tears flooded down Penelope's cheeks. She finally looked up at the Hope and Lizzie weakly.

"I'm sorry. I jus— I just couldn't fight it anymore."

"WHAT DOES THAT MEAN PENELOPE?" Lizzie charged Penelope and grabbed her shoulders.

"Tell me!!"

Hope came and removed Lizzie from Penelope.

"WHERE IS SHE?" Lizzie screamed once more.

Penelope was staring at the muddy wet ground. She had to think. Everything was foggy. Her head pounded harder than it had ever pounded before.

"He took her. Rocky took her." Penelope whispered.

And with that Lizzie started sprinting back to the school. Hope stayed behind to help Penelope. She started to lift her to her feet.

"I'm sorry." Penelope's eyes closed as she collapsed against the redhead. "I couldn't save her. I said I would save her."

Penelope fell limp against Hope once again this time going unconscious. Hope picked her up and walked her towards the school.

^^^

Hope had put Penelope on a coach in the school inside the main corridor. Mg, Jed, and Kaleb came to help. Lizzie and her father were figuring out what to do about Josie while Klaus, Damon, and his friends were preparing to fight. There had already been sightings within the schools boarders. Rocky had done it. He opened the gate letting the Montors and god knows what else in.

"So how did you beat them before?" Jed asked Klaus and Damon.

"Well we killed them. There had never been this many. We are too outnumbered." Damon explained

"Take the head of the snake route maybe?" Mg muttered.

"Wait what do you mean boy?" Klaus had paused his thoughts. By now almost everyone in the corridor was listening, well except a passed out Penelope.

"Ya know like cut of the head, then the body dies. Maybe if we kill there leader the rest will fall. I mean like The Montors are still a coven right? Coven leaders power the whole coven. They need a leader." Mg rambled.

"Alaric is he right? Would that work?" Klaus stepped towards the Alaric.

"I think so. I've just never thought of them as an actually coven. Mg you're genius. We need to kill Rocky."

"Huh who woulda thought little Mg saves us all?" Kaleb shrugged and sighed. Mg smiled proudly.

"But how do we kill him?" Damon asked.

"I think I know how." Every head shot behind them to the couch. Penelope was sitting up though she struggled a bit.

"He wears a pendant of a lion around his neck. It hold his soul. He had to risk everything to create a coven of his own, including making a deal with the devil. This devil granted his wish but told him the price to pay was vulnerability. You destroy the pendant, you kill his soul leaving him with just an empty body. An easy kill. You just have to get past his army."

Everyone was taken aback by Penelope's words.

"And how the hell do you know this?" Klaus asked.

Suddenly she flashed her neon green eyes.

"He let go of his control on me. It doesn't mean our minds aren't still connected. I know everything about him now." Penelope smiled, got up off the coach, and walked through the group towards the door.