Chapter 2: The Girl

Penelope wasn't paying attention at all during Mr. Smith's lecture. She couldn't get her mind off of that girl. Josie. Even her name was beautiful.

Penelope looked down at her paper. Nothing but her name laid on the paper. She let out a sigh of frustration and closed her eyes. How am I going to get anything done with this girl in my head? She thought. The bell rung and she picked up her things and walked out the door.

6 bells later and the day is done. It turns out Penelope has 3 classes with Josie. Perfect. She was pretty sure that Josie had caught her staring at her a few times but in response the brown eyed girl just looked down and chuckled. Penelope couldn't believe how much pleasure she gained from just making the girl smile or laugh.

After the day was done Penelope made her way to her dorm room. Mr. Saltzman had said there was an uneven number of girls so she would get her own room. She definitely did not mind this. She looked across the space. It was your average dorm room except only one bed. Her suitcases were right next to the bed. Mr. Saltzman had sent someone up to put them there. She started to unpack when she heard a knock at the door.

"It's unlocked." said Penelope.

In walked Josie. She wore a big navy sweater and black leggings. The sweater was so big that the sleeves were longer than her arms. Penelope couldn't deny that she found this cute. "Hey." she said pushing a strand of hair behind her hair.

"Well if it isn't brown eyed girl!"

"Oh please I've already told you my name."

"Yes but then we lose this air of mystery, don't we?" Penelope responded with a wink.

"Ohhhhh I get it! Youre a flirt." Josie says with one eyebrow high. Penelope raised her hands high in a defensive stance and smiled.

"Hey hey hey I prefer the term friendly."

"Whatever." Josie chuckled looking at the floor. She looked back up "I just wanted to see how your first day went. Its kind of an overwhelming school and not everyone starts off well."

"I think I'm doing quite all right. Thank you for asking." Penelope nodded. Both girls stood close to the doorway with that awkward silence but neither hated it either. Soon the silence was broken.

"There's a bonfire tonight in the woods. I think the pack is throwing it. It's suppose to be a lot of fun if you want to come." Josie said softly.

"I wouldn't miss it." Penelope smirked. They both smiled and as Josie turned to leave but then Penelope realized something.

"Hey can I ask you something?"

"Yeah anything."

"How did you know which room was mine?" Penelope smirked once more. Josie laughed and looked up.

"I'll give you a hint. My last name is Saltzman". With that she left and down the hall you could hear someone yell "see ya tonight."

Penelope sat on her bed. She had to be dreaming. It was clear that Josie didn't mind the company of the new witch. Penelope wasn't always the nicest. She liked pranks and being on top but something about this girl made all of her walls fall down. Frankly, she didn't mind.

———————————————————————————
It's kind of sad writing this when I know it's over anyways. Most of my ships are all gone like Clexa, Holstein, and Sanvers. At least Fanfics keep us going am I right? Next Chapter we will meet more characters and I hope you all enjoy it. Feel free to give some feedback!