Chapter 7: The Door

The screams got louder and louder.

"Quick we have to go to the assembly hall." Lizzie yelled to Josie. The alarm kept ringing. Whenever there is a monster invasion they always meet at the same place. The assembly hall. They had only 15 minutes to get there before they shut the doors. Once they are all there, the witches use there magic to create a forcefield just strong enough to hold out the monster. After the forcefield goes up, they send in a specialized team to capture it.

Just then and there Josie remembered something. This was Penelope's first monster encounter. She quickly let go of her sister's hand and sprinted down the hall. Lizzie tried to chase after her but she was too fast. Josie could hear Lizzie scream for her from behind, but she was soon lost in the crowd of frantic people. Soon she made her way to Penelope's room. She knocked on the door so hard that she almost punched a hole in the door.

"PENELOPE!" She knocked again. And again, and again.

Suddenly she felt a cold hand on her shoulder. She turned to see Penelope. She was sweaty and she had a face full of concern.

"I was at the school's office. The alarm went off I didn't know where to go." Her breath was off pace.

Josie grabbed her hand and started running. It had already been about 10 minutes since the alarm started ringing. They would have to shut the door soon. Josie and Penelope ran faster than they ever had. There was almost no one in the hallways anymore. They were all at the assembly hall.

^^^

"DAD! SHES NOT HERE YET!" Lizzie screamed.

" I KNOW. I know Lizzie. There's nothing we can do now. She's got one minute." There were tears streaming done Lizzie's face.

Next to her someone grabbed her hand. She turned to see Hope. This made her break down even more. Hope grabbed her in her arms and just held her there.

It had been 15 minutes. Members of the pack started to close the door. Once closed every witch but Lizzie raised there hands to the door and chanted. Not soon after a long florescent glow was on every inch of the walls. Just then through the glass door two figures appeared. It was Josie and Penelope.

^^^

It was too late. There was no use in banging on the door. Penelope still didn't know what was going on.

"We have to hide! Now!" Josie whispered. They ran and ran again. They found a staffs closet close to the cafeteria and quickly entered it. It was tight. Josie was against the wall and Penelope faced her barely 6 inches apart. Josie's breath was loud, Penelope's surprisingly calm. Josie was scared. She'd never been on this side of the door. Penelope could see this on her face and grabbed her hand. This surprised her but nevertheless, calmed her.

Outside they heard loud footsteps. It was too soon for the specialists to be there so Josie knew it was the monster. With every step, Josie's breath got louder. She was going to get them caught. Penelope looked around the room frantic. She didn't know how to stop Josie. She grabbed her face and looked at her in the eyes. She was crying. This still didn't work. The footsteps got closer and Penelope got more worried. They footsteps were about 6 feet away from passing the door and she only had one more shot. Without letting go of Josie's face she leaned in and kissed her on the lips.

———————————————————————————
Sorry for another short one but I need to stretch out the story line ahaha. The next chapter should be pretty long. I hope you guys are enjoying this so far. Comment comment comment!