CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE

"It feels so weird. This will be the last time we are all together for a while." Louis says breaking the silence.

"Yeah with exams over, you're going with Harry to the University of Oxford which is over an hour away. And considering we see you everyday, only seeing you once a week, if that, will be odd." Liam adds, a frown on his face.

Niall nods, sighing. "You're staying close but living with Zayn. And I'm taking a gap year and travelling for a bit with Chantelle. It'll be hard."

"Yeah." Both Liam and Louis say.

Louis was leaving this afternoon with Harry. They were going to live on campus as it was a lot cheaper and easier for them. So now was the last time the three of them got to spend time with each other in a long while.

They agreed that spending time now and saying goodbyes now would be a lot easier than going to Harry's house and waving him off when he leaves. Zayn was going to do the same with Harry.

Niall was leaving in a week. He has planned to travel around Australia for a couple months. He had family that lived there so it was easy access to accommodation in some areas. Plus he's always loved the place and really wanted to take Chantelle there.

Today will be Louis' chance to say goodbye to him, while Liam will have the chance the day Niall does leave.

Liam wasn't sure how he was feeling. He's so proud that they all graduated and are making something of their lives. Travelling, schooling, being with their loved ones. But he couldn't help but feel the sadness in his heart and the pain in his chest at the thought that his two best mates were leaving him.

Before he moved to London, he had no one and felt like he was worthless. It was Louis and Niall who gave him hope and made him smile and laugh and realise that life is worth living. That though even if his past wasn't so happy, doesn't mean he should give up.

They gave Liam a chance to finally experience everything he's always wanted to. Experience things he saw from other people that he never had the chance to. He has them to thank and will forever be owing them for it.

And if it weren't for Louis he wouldn't be with Zayn. Well he always thinks, actually he knows, that they would have found their way eventually, but it was Louis to make the process a little quicker with the help of Harry also.

-

The three of them were currently seated in Louis' room. Liam and Louis on the bed while Niall leant with his back against the wall on the floor.

They've been laughing about things that have happened during the year and talking about the future and what they want from everything.

They've been with each other for the past 4 hours. The times going so quick and once it's time to go, they'll all be wishing the day never began.

"Have we ever told you about how me and Niall became friends?" Louis asked Liam.

Shaking his head Liam replied. "No. I've been waiting to hear this story for 7 months. You've raised the bar high with anticipation."

"Well it is a pretty crazy story." Niall laughs.

"You want the truth?" Louis questions.

"No I want you to lie." Liam said sarcastically with an eye roll.

"Oh in that case me and Niall became friends because I had sex with him." He said. Liam just rolled his eyes. Again. He knows that's far from true. "Ha that would never be true. Nialls as straight as a ruler." He adds with a chuckle.

"There are bendy rulers." Liam jokes.

"That is true." Louis agrees. "But honestly, the only reason I befriended Niall was for his accent."