CHAPTER TWENTY

Liam's POV

Friday. It's been 4 days, 2 hours and 43 minutes since I had a complete go at Zayn and probably ruined everything I had with him.

I don't know why I reacted the way I did. I think it just worried me that Zayn didn't like me how I thought he did. That what we had wasn't real. I mean, I know he cares about me, I know that, but what was it at the beginning? I thought that he was nice to me and he treated me differently because he wanted to and maybe something attracted him to me. I don't know, but now all I can think about is the fact that the only reason he even noticed me was because he thought if he didn't he would become just an average kid at school, not being high in the crowds. And just like nearly every other student at Gateway.

And then he nearly punched that guy in the halls. He did deserve it, I know because whoever that guy was he sounded like a prick, but still. I just told Zayn about life before London, before things started to actually go well for me and then he nearly does what people did to me. The only difference being that guy provoked it while I got it just because the guys doing so wanted a laugh and something to entertain themselves.

I shouldn't have reacted the way I did though. It was stupid and exhagurated and now I just wish none of it ever happened. Louis continues to tell me I did the right thing by making him feel guilty. He said Harry's an idiot too and the two of them together will always end in trouble, no matter what.

I needed to fix things and make them right between Zayn and I. I missed him and I'm not even mad at him. I kind of understand why he did it but more importantly I know he's not pretending anymore.

It's been 4 days, 2 hours and 47 minutes since I spoke to Zayn properly. Throughout the week he gives me little gestures, saying hi and asking how I am from time to time, giving me a smile when I turn and catch him looking at me, little things like that. I wish he would've come and just spoke to me, but Louis said he was trying to give me some space because he didn't want to upset me. Which in a way I did appreciate because I had time to think about it and know that it's stupid to fight about and that instead of not talking we could be cuddling and watching a movie.

And I wish that I was brave enough to just speak to him and make things good between us again. I would walk to where he was and I would see the hopeful look on his face but then I would freeze and start talking to Harry or walk past him without saying a word. Normally I'm fine and confident but around Zayn I can't help but be shy and clumsy. I missed him.

And now here I am in Louis' room, waiting for him to get ready so we can leave in about an hour or so for the party that everyone in school was going to. I really didn't want to go but Lou said Zayn will be there and the sooner we make up the better because there is nothing I want to do more then feel the way his lips felt pressed against mine. The thought has my cheeks turning red and my skin tingling, while my heart rate went from slow, to skipping beats.

"Do I want to know what you're thinking about?" I hear Louis say, bringing me out of my thoughts. I look up to see him standing there with a smug smirk on his face.

"Huh?" I ask. "No, I mean yes. Wait, what was the question?" I said confused, I wasn't exactly listening, he just brought me out of my thoughts.

"Don't be so nervous." Louis smiled, sitting beside me on the bed. "He will come running into your arms straight away, no questions asked." He said trying to lighten up my emotions, but I still can't stop thinking that I screwed things up.

"Maybe." I sighed. "It's just I feel like I stuffed it up. Now, whether we get back together or not, there will always be this stupid fight we had that got us not talking for more then a week." I rubbed my face with my hands.