Slughorns Christmas Party

It was the night of the Christmas Party as I had a black empire waist, glittery dress on that was formal and then I placed mascara and eyeshadow lightly and lip gloss on, as I finished and sighed and then walked down the hall to my date.

It took a lot of thinking on who to bring due to I needed to think on who wouldn't use me for my half brother. And I knew I had some options but I decided to go with one of my friends as the boy I was taking waited for me as he looked around as he waited.

"Thanks Cedric." I said and Cedric nodded with a smile as he looked to her. Yes, I was talking Cedric due to he knew the truth about me and he wouldn't use me for Potter.

"Your welcome. When you messaged me about a date to the Christmas party and you didn't want to ask anyone or take anyone due to they might be using you, you asked me. I'm all too happy to do this for a friend." Cedric said and I smiled with gratefulness. "You look wonderful by the way." He said and I smiled in thanks.

"Thanks." I said to him.

However as that happened, Draco was hiding out in the corridors, as he then went walking alone and closing his eyes at the wall, that led to the room of the requirements as he took the cover off the cabinet, he then placed the apple inside the cabinet and then closed it. "Harmonia Nectere Passus." Draco whispered. He then saw the Apple missing as he opened the cabinet.

"Harmonia Nectere Passus." Draco whispered and then opened to find the Apple back again as he picked it up and took the bird out of the cage.

As that was happening, I was at the party as I was having a picture taken with Slughorn at the party.

"Drink?" Someone asked and I looked, to hear Neville and he was in a uniform.

"Nevs?" I asked confused and shocked. What was he doing serving drinks here? Wasn't he invited like me and Hermione?

"I didn't get into the Slug Club. It's okay, though. He's got Belby handing out towels in the loo." Neville informed her and I looked towards him.

I took the wine and downed it and placed it back on the tray. "Thanks but you're doing good in Potions now even Severus said that with me tutoring you and even Severus giving extra time to teach the group." I said and Neville sighed to that due to it was correct but Slughorn said he'd never amount to anything important.

"But Slughorn doesn't believe I'll achieve anything great." Neville said and I narrowed my eyes as Neville left and I then heard Hermione behind the curtain and I blinked and walked over and looked towards Hermione.

"Hermione. What are you doing? And what happened to you?" I asked wondering why she hid.

"I've just escaped. I mean, I left Cormac under the mistletoe." Hermione said and I looked to her in shock and disbelief.

"Cormac? That's who you invited!" I gritted out in exaggeration and disbelief and Hermione looked to Worth sheepish, knowing she's angry.

"I thought it would annoy Draco the most." Hermione said and I slapped my head in disbelief. "He's got more tentacles than a Snarfalump plant." Hermione said to Worth.

"Dragon tartare?" A waiter asked and I shook my head no. I don't want that ever!

"No, I'm fine, thank you." Hermione said and the waiter sighed.

"Just as well. They give one horribly bad breath." The waiter informed and I looked to Hermione who looked to the waiter.

"On second thoughts..." Hermione said taking the platter. "It might keep Cormac at bay." Hermione informed. "Oh, god, here he comes." Hermione said and slipped by and Hermione passed me the platter of food. Cormac comes and I looked to him with darkened eyes.

"I think she just went to powder her nose." I informed him, lying through my teeth.

"Slippery little minx, you friend. Likes to work her mouth too, doesn't she?" Cormac said and asked and I glared slightly.

"Maybe because she likes reading." I said to that one as I was annoyed.

"What is this I'm eating, by the way?" Cormac asked and I grinned slyly like a Slytherin, having a plan go off in my mind.

"Dragon Balls." I said to that one and Cormac paled as Severus then opens the curtains all of a sudden and so with that, Cormac throws up at his feet and I grimaced hearing this, and Severus glared to him.

"You've just bought yourself a months detention, McLaggen." Severus said as I tried to sneak away. "No so quick, Worth." Severus said to Worth, and I cursed quietly as Severus looked to me.

"Sev, I really think I should rejoin the party. My date..." i started to say as Severus stared me down.

"Can surely survive your absence for another minute or two, Worth." Severus said to her. "Besides, I only wish to convey a message."

"A message?" I asked him curiously.

"From Professor Dumbledore. He asked me to give you his best, and he hopes you enjoy your holiday. You see he's traveling, and he won't return until term resumes." Severus said to her.

"Travelling where?" I asked all of a sudden when I heard that. Where is he going?

Severus just walks off though and I rolled my eyes. "Typical, Sev, why is he acting strange though around me this year?" I muttered as I sighed and went to Cedric.

"What was that about?" Cedric asked and I sighed.

"Dumbledore is travelling and he won't be back until term starts again." I said and Cedric nodded.

As he was going to say something, Filch came in with Draco. "Take your hands off me, you filthy squib!" Draco said to Filch

"Professor Slughorn, sir. I just discovered this boy lurking in an upstairs corridor. He claims to have been invited to your party." Filch informed and I looked to Draco with a look and Draco quickly returned one.

"Okay, okay. I was gate crashing. Happy?" Draco said and I sighed. He got caught.

Severus came forth. "I'll escort him out." Severus said to that one and with that, Draco glared to Severus.

"Certainly, Professor." Draco said to him and I sighed. They both went and left.

"I better watch Draco because no doubt Potter will listen in." I said quietly to Cedric who nodded and motioned her to go and I nodded and then ran off.

As I got to the corridor I heard Severus and Draco as I hid.

"Maybe I did hex that Bell girl. Maybe I didn't. What's it to you?" Draco said to Severus and I listened in and I looked concerned.

Severus pinned Draco up against the wall. "I swore to protect you. I made the Unbreakable Vow." Severus informed him and I paled in shock. The unbreakable vow?! Is he kidding me!

"I don't need protection. I was chosen for this. Out of all the others. Me." Draco said and I shook my head sadly as Potter listened in.

"I won't fail him."

"Your afraid Draco. You attempt to conceal it, but it's obvious. Let me assist you." Severus said to him.

"No!" Draco said he was a stubborn one. "I was chosen. This is my moment." Draco retorted to him.

Severus soon left and I came out in barefoot as my ears twitch and walked to Draco and he hugged her and I hugged him in comfort. "Draco, I know you don't want help in this but you know why he chose you. You know I'm always here to listen with the group because we know what you have to do. We've helped each other many times remember, we're in this together." I said to him and Draco sighed.

"Now I know how you feel sometimes." Draco said and I nodded as Potter narrowed his eyes listening in as he walked off.