Talking with Draco

As days went passed, Draco and Hermione avoided each other, not talking as it came to the 19th December as daylight has come as Hogwarts was covered in snow as I with Draco were walking down the hall, alone this time.

"Look, I can't help it if she's got her knickers in a twist." Draco said to Worth.

I slapped Draco around the head at the idiot. "You are blind, Draco." I said to him and Draco raised an eyebrow. I might be blind but I know those twos feelings for each other, especially from year 3.

"Worth! What Pansy and I have, well, let's just say, there's no stopping it." Draco told her. "It's chemical." Draco told her. "Will it last? Who knows? Point is, I'm a free agent." He told her and I sighed at the idiot, but why am I always in the war between the two of them when I have my own problems? Why couldn't they just ask each other out! It'd solve all of this easily enough!

And with that, I went to the library looking for Hermione, to see if I can talk some sense into her as I couldn't with Draco.

....

As I got to the library I found Hermione and explained but it didn't go according to plan.

"He's at perfect liberty to kiss whoever he likes." Hermione said to me. "I really couldn't care less." Hermione was putting some books back. "Was I under the impression he and I would be attending Slughorn's Christmas party together? Yes. Now, given the circumstances, I've had to make other arrangements."

"Have you?" I asked her, curiously as I was going to see if she wanted to go with me.

"Yes. Why?" Hermione said and I groaned, knowing I had to find someone to take now. "I just thought because you can be friends who you bring then I would of really liked to take you since I don't want to go with anyone." I said to her and Hermione looked to her.

"Why didn't I think of that?" Hermione asks Worth.

"Who have you asked?" I asked with narrowed eyes as Hermione looked sheepishly, knowing I might not like her choice of 'date'.

"Um, it's a surprise." Hermione answered. "Anyways, its you we've got to worry about. You can't just go with anyone. See that boy over there?" Hermione gestured and I glared to her at that point of what she just said, knowing I couldn't see anything! And Hermione winced but I glanced anyways sensing someone there. "That's Matthew Vane. Apparently he's been trying to smuggle you a love potion."

"Really?" I asked as I looked towards the boy and Hermione clicked her fingers and I looked to her. What? I know love potions are illegal but still, a boy was interested in me and he seemed fit enough.

"Hey! He's only interested in you because he thinks Harry's the Chosen One and that he can get his sister to go with Harry if he goes with you." Hermione said and I groaned. I hated that title. Why do people use me like that?

"But I am the Chosen One." I said, cheekily back to Hermione and with that, Hermione hit me with the parchment and I chuckled. "Okay, sorry. Um, kidding." I said to that one. "Um. I'll ask someone I like. Someone cool." I informed her and then looked away. "Who do I ask?" I whispered making sure Hermione didn't hear, knowing she'd drive me batty with this as we continued with our day.