Chapter 1: Met To An Endless Night

[Revised Version]

"Here we are. Tears are dripping to your lips. Who would ever guess we got here from that kiss. Now you say everything that you would change. But we pushed too far with no chance to erase. Though I wish you never broke my Heart, I don't want a brand new start. I'm not me without my scars. Though I wish we never fell apart, it made us who we are. And at least we left a Mark. Like the Butterfly Effect, wonder if we never met. Would I have lost my Heart inside my chest?" ~Before You Exit

-

The Sky was a Drowsy Orange Pink above the Lively Meadow. And in that Meadow, upon that Lonely Planet, two silhouettes were staring at it side by side while lying on that soft, green grass. Time didn't matter. But they were running out of it. Those two hearts that were completely contrastive while beating the same, those two Lovers that were breathing the same air while their closeness could never be enough.

"Will you be here tomorrow?" The voice that had filled the silence around them had been a feeble, angelic one. As if the owner of it was afraid of breaking it. As if the other silhouette were to disappear there and then without ever coming back.

A Dark gaze turned from the sky above them to him. Those eyes were a blur, yet, somehow, the other could tell they were lethal but never to him.

"If you want me to." His words were slow and careful. Sweet and perfectly balanced. As if the reason for his existence was staring right back at him.

The Smaller One hurried to nod, slithering closer to the Man who chuckled with his eyes smiling along with it. "Whatever you want."

The Boy softly smiled at that. And at the fact that the Man seemed to be losing up a bit about them.

"You look..." He grimaced as he tried to find the word. "Calm."

The corner of the Man's lip twitched upwards before his honest response left his lips. "Surprisingly, I am."

"How so?" The Boy was genuinely curious.

"Hm..." The Man diverted his gaze up at the Pinkish Sky, thinking hard. "How so..." The Man repeated, buying himself some time to discover his answer. When he looked back at the Boy beside him, he was sure. "Because I think I've found something worthy of my calmness."

The Boy blinked, surprised. He couldn't believe the Dark-eyed Man had said what he had just said, though he could feel it, in his bones, how it wasn't a lie. But he needed his Word anyway. The Man had yet to give him something guaranteeing that he would stay. "Promise me."

The Man had opened his mouth to protest when promises weren't something he would do. But, in the end, he couldn't utter a single thing. The cutest, littlest finger was between them, waiting for its pinkie swear. And the Man had to gulp because, with it, he was so screwed.

"I Promise." He made their fingers interlocked. And just like every other time they would touch, the Electricity was there to shake them, to remind them that there was no escaping for them.

"We have to go." The Man had to whisper it. The Sun had almost been completely gone. He had to turn into the ashes the Boy would hate so much to see.

They both had to go back to feeling sad and alone, without knowing if this was going to be a promise that they couldn't keep.

𝔉𝔬𝔯𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔯

Leisurely, eyelids fluttered. Vaguely, a brain realized it had survived the Dreamland for yet another night. Oddly, the rest of the organism rose to fall into the comfort of a knowing routine. Without thinking much. Without thinking anything. Oddity had become Park Jimin's second skin. Besides, to him, those were just dreams. He had seen worse. And in daylight.