Chapter 12: A Butterfly's Heartbeat Told Me

"Everything you are. And all that you will be. All the stars and spaces in between. The color of your soul is all I see. Till the end of time. Till we leave it all behind. Every moment and beyond the light. I'll be the one who's right there by your side. It was always you." ~Ursine Vulpine & Annaca  

-

It was a quiet moment when it happened. 

No one was with him. 

It was just him and the million suns above. 

Jimin used to count them every night one by one, back then when he didn't even know those twinkling lights against the sky were suns from the outset. 

Ηe was just so fascinated by them. Those shiny dots never failed to amaze him, leaving him full of awe and wonder about the unknown.

But now that he was older, those dots had a new meaning. 

It wasn't because of the books Jimin had read about them, no. All the knowledge in the universe could never teach him how to feel for things like those. 

It was Jungkook who did. 

It was Jungkook, the one giving to those lights a new meaning to Jimin. 

Stars were always going to mean Jungkook. And Jimin was outside lying on the grass, wanting to just feel closer to them, to Jungkook.

Jungkook and his father had yet to return. But Jimin had promised to wait. So, the only thing Jimin could do, was to stare at the night sky, waiting.

And it all happened from there while waiting.

At first, Jimin thought it was merely a falling star. 

But then when one became ten... 

Αnd then many, many more in the row, Jimin realized those weren't falling stars, to begin with. 

Because the closer they were getting, the more Jimin could see them as if flames burning, on and on against the black, night sky.

"Jimin!"

This voice...

This familiar voice...

Jimin sprang to his feet, spinning around to the sight of Jin running towards him.

Jin.

It was Jin.

"Jimin..." Jin stopped before him, out of breath.

"Demons!" Jin heaved.

Demons...

Demons!

"They're attacking us," Jin continued. "We need to hurry." Jin gave Jimin a light push to bring him out of his stupor. They didn't have time to grasp the situation. They needed to leave.

"Wha-... To where?"

"To your mother!"

So they ran. Towards the inside of the palace, they both ran. Jimin was still utterly confused, but he pushed his legs to work. Why now? Of all times, why now, where neither Jungkook nor his father was around?

"How can this be possible? The alliance..."

"It seems to be broken!" Jin responded as they reached a set of double doors that were white with golden handles. Everything in there was white and golden.