Chapter VI

It's currently 2:20 pm and Simon is watching as I pace back and forth, still not sure of what to wear.

"What do you wear to something like this? Something really nice because we haven't seen each other in years, or more casual because he's an old friend?" I ask him.

"Um, I'm just going in jeans and a regular shirt. Wear something you'd feel comfortable in," he shrugs.

"Why not settle for both?" I pull out a strapless baby blue dress from my closet.

Simon nodded and waited for whatever was going to happen next. 

"Could you turn around? It would be kinda weird if you watched me change. N-not that you're weird, but I don't like the thought of someone watching me," I blush.

"Sure." With that, he spins on my computer chair to face the other direction.

"Thanks."

I pull my shirt off and unbutton my jeans, taking them off too. Then I put on the dress and try zipping it up. As luck has it, I couldn't properly zip it.

"Simon?"

"Yeah?" He asks, continuing to look away.

"Could you zip up my dress, please?" 

A  few seconds pass by before he stands up and approaches me. I move my hair to the side and look at our reflections in my full body mirror. He looks down, slowly pulling up the zipper. I flip my hair back, put on a pair of heels, and turn to him.

"Are you ready?" I ask him.

"Sorta."

We end up waiting at some fancy restaurant for fifteen minutes. I get ready to leave, but a guy starts approaching our table.

"Keira?" He gapes.

"James?" I laugh.

He holds his arms out for an embrace. I hug him, noticing how tall he's gotten. 

"I missed you," he whispers.

"I missed you too. Have a seat. Simon and I just ordered an appetizer."

"Oh, hey Simon," James tells him.

 "Hi." Simon gives him a quick, tight lipped smile.

The three of us recalled past memories, shared stressful moments, and drank a bottle of wine. I forgot how fun he was to hang with. Four hours flew by before he said he had to go. After he walked out, Simon told me he should be heading home.

"Wait. Can you come home with me? We should talk," I mumble, holding onto his hand.

"It's really late. We wouldn't want another mistake to happen," he tells me.

I look down, remembering that that was what I called our make out. Now I not only feel tired, but bad too.

"Sorry, that's not how I meant for it to seem. Please, it'll only be for a bit," I beg.

"Okay, let's go," he sighs.

When we get home, I kick off my heels. He closes the door and helps me up to my room.

"So, thanks for coming tonight. Both to the dinner and to my house," I yawn.

"No problem. What was the thing you wanted to tell me?" He asks, sitting next to me on my bed.

"I don't even know why I called it a mistake. I've loved you since we were in middle school. You're my other half and it hurt seeing you with other girls. Freaking Angelica, Kassandra, and Carly. But I can't be upset because I did the same thing. I went off with other guys while I was still madly in love with you. I kissed another guy even though you were the one on my mind. I stayed up countless nights wishing I could fall asleep in your arms. You're the only man I want to kiss, love, and marry. I'd be insane to say otherwise. I know this confession is ten years late. Hopefully you still feel the same." My voice gradually gets lower as I bite my lip, waiting for his reply.

He stays quiet, occasionally opening his mouth to say something, but he ends up closing it. Then he hugs me.

"I've loved you for a while too. I couldn't think of the right words to say at first. Sorry. You aren't too late. I'd rather be with you ten years later than never," he says.

I smile to myself and let go of him. When we are both done smiling at each other like idiots, I kiss him. Unlike our first kiss, this one is more gentle. He places a hand on my cheek and the other on my hip as I place mine on his shoulders. It feels good knowing we can finally try and work things out between us. 

" I love you," I whisper.

"I love you more," he whispers back.

"Nuh uh," I laugh.

"What are your plans for tomorrow?" I ask.

"Nothing. Why?"

"Do you wanna come over again? We can have a Harry Potter marathon and eat snacks. It'll be just the two of us. Unless you want to invite Collin, Chloe, and Hailey," I say.

"That sounds really fun. I'd rather it be just us. See you tomorrow. Make sure to get some rest so that you're ready for our marathon." He kisses me goodbye and goes home.

I'm glad that we have a date tomorrow, even if it's not official. I didn't expect my first Valentine's Day with him to be planned out so well. I can't wait to see him again...