Preview

I walk into the recording studio with my sunglasses on, concealing my identity. My hair covered in a beanie, I looked down at my converse. Today's the day. It's been three years today that she left. She graduates soon, I know it. I walk into the elevator and press the number 2 and wait to be lifted up.

Three Years ago today.

"Hey Ross," someone says. I turn to see Rydel standing to my left as the elevator doors close behind me, a soft facial expression taking over her face. She knew today was the day too. "Hi," I replied before taking off my sunglasses. "They're ready for you in there," Rydel states before disappearing around a widening corner. I take a deep breath and walk through the doors.

This wasn't anything major, I'm just recording some guitar stuff for our fourth album. Yeah, we've recorded a lot of music since she left, that wasn't going to change.

Time just seems to fly right on by, you know? I don't think that anything would be the same if I hadn't met Lau- her. If I hadn't met her. I shake my head at the thoughts and try to focus on music. I strum a few chords and try to stay focused, but it's not possible. I feel like the small fire burning inside of me has lost its spark. It's burnt out, and there's only one thing that can re light it.

Her.

But I can't focus on her coming back. I need to focus on music, and everything else. I try the chords again, this time successful. I hear applause and people saying how talented I am. I just smile. I'm really nothing without her. Nothing.

I exit the booth and enter the hallway to see my girlfriend Rose standing there. She has long light brown hair and was basically a goddess. She's a singer too, and every single hit she puts out is headed straight for platinum.

"Hey Rossy," she exclaimed before hugging me. She knew today was going to be a hard day for me. She knows all about La- Her. "Hey," I simply respond. I can't really move at this point in time. I just know she understands that today isn't a good day for me. Today is going to be hell, no exceptions.

"You wanna go for a walk? Clear your mind?" she asked. I nodded and she grabbed my hand and pulled me through the long winding corridors. "I know it's gonna be hard today Ross, just push through," she said, showing a slight smile. "I can't," I reply, feeling guilty. "Yes you can, you made it through one year, you made it through two, so what's so different about three?" Rose questions.

I think awhile before even attempting to answer. She was right, but now it's different.

"Because Rose, now she comes home,"

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx