Kara rushes from the office to the kitchen.  She only sees the waiters and cooks doing their jobs.  Nothing looks out of place.  Conner is missing, she knows he wouldn’t leave without telling her.  Hurrying down the hall she goes to the lounge.  Mica and Darla have caught up they walk behind her.  She stops at the entrance causing Mica to bump into the back of her. 

Conner is standing between Casey and another young man.  Amelia relaxes in a big comfortable lounge chair with a bottled water in one hand and cup of ice in the other.  Her eyes are focused on Conner’s muscular frame.  She looks like she’s in heat. 

Kara walks further into the room.  Amelia sets the water bottle on the table then stands.  She’s impeccably dressed in a grey and black outfit with a gorgeous maxi length sweater.  Her hair is pulled back in a neat bun.  The young man with her is also neatly dressed in a tweed suit.  He and Casey seem agitated and familiar with each other.  Kara walks over to Casey to put her arm around his waist.  

“Casey are you alright.”  She can see anger in his eyes.  It’s not normally like him. She turns to Conner who also looks uncomfortable, he’s being ogled like a piece of meat by her mother.  How dare this woman come into her establishment disrupting her staff? 

“Thank you Conner.”  She squeezes his hand.  He moves away from Casey to stand next to Mica.  Amelia’s eyes follow him.  Her smile is flirtatious.  Kara sees her leering at him.  She rolls her eyes. 

“Amelia, please.  He’s my bodyguard.  Show him some respect.”  Kara retorts. 

“Are you doing him Kara?  You seem so defensive.  I was just admiring him.  You’re a lucky young woman to have someone so fit watch over your body.”  Amelia walks over to stand next to Zain.  She hands him her cup of ice he sets it on the table. 

“What are you doing here Amelia, you can’t come in here and insult my staff.  I’ll have you arrested if you continue your disruptive behavior.”  Kara’s eyes blaze into her mother’s. 

Amelia simply smirks.  “You really would have your own mother arrested.  I don’t think that would be good for business.  You have to think of who your customers do business with.  They just come here to eat darling.  Seems you’re getting a little ahead of yourself.  Dating a well-known billionaire doesn’t give you power by extension.  You have to earn that.  Listen to mother maybe you will learn something.” 

“Maybe you should learn what the word means Amelia before you use it in a sentence.  You’re not my mother you’re just the woman who gave birth to me.  You’ve got two minutes to tell me why you’re here before I have my bodyguard throw you out on your ass.”  Kara responds. 

Zain is standing next to her noticing the room has suddenly gotten more crowded.  Other employees have joined them.  They are blocking the exit.  He’s not a fighter although he didn’t expect to see his former boyfriend here.  It’s a shock to see that Casey is now working for Amelia’s daughter.  The daughter he only learned about upon Amelia’s return from the Hamptons.  He tugs on the sleeve of her sweater to get her attention. 

“What is it Zain?  You shouldn’t interrupt me I haven’t been in this place for years.  I’m enjoying a little bit of nostalgia.  Some parts of it don’t look the same.  I know you didn’t do this Kara.  I see you’re putting some of your boyfriend’s money to use.  It’s such a shame to waist it on a building that’s going to be torn down.” 

“Leave Amelia.  Get out of my restaurant.”  Kara retorts. 

“I’ll leave when I’m ready.  I need to talk to you alone.”   She remarks.