Chapter 11

Chapter 11 

-Sorrows and Regrets

“Excuse me Mrs. Monroe, but you have another call, I’m afraid it’s the same man that called you earlier ma’am.”   Amelia formerly Santino now Monroe glares at her assistant.  She hastily gets up from her breakfast angry that she’s being disturbed.

“Zain, I clearly recall telling you last night that I didn’t want to speak to that man.  The same goes for this morning and any other time he calls.  Do not bother me with his calls again.”  She barks at her unflappable male assistant while fidgeting with the charm bracelet that she is wearing.  

“I heard you ma’am, he said to tell you if you don’t talk to him, you’ll regret it.  He insist that you meet with him at nine o’clock at this address.  He said you’ll know what it’s about.” 

Zain Barlow gives her the message in a dry voice.  He’s worked for her over three years.  She’s wearing her favorite bracelet fidgeting with the charms on it.  It’s her usual sign that she’s gotten herself involved in something she didn’t intend to let go too far.  As usual she’s messed it up he suspects. 

He was working in a prominent restaurant three years ago as a waiter.  She was there having an intimate lunch with a man that was not her husband.  She seemed distraught at the time, the man she was with was also married. The paparazzi was always around looking for gossip stories they had spotted them sitting at their usual table they met at on Wednesdays. 

Zain couldn’t believe she didn’t see the press looking for her that day.  He had watched her juggle several men for the last year.   The man she was sitting with was just her latest.  Her husband was out of town as usual on business.  He didn’t seem to care that she strayed so much, he had to know she was sleeping with other men. 

Something that day was bothering Amelia.   Her lover didn’t seem to care. he had only one thing on his mind as he rushed her through their meal.  She didn’t want to go with him they had angry words for each other.  Their conversation got loud drawing the media attention their way.  

Zain understood the look she had, something tragic had happened in her life.  Her green eyes that were usually so vibrant and full of excitement seemed to be dull and lifeless that day.  Her normally sexy persona that she exuded with such bravado was gone. 

She always brought her conquest to the restaurant.  The waiters knew how to keep their mouths shut about what they seen and the restaurant owners knew how to be discreet about their clientele. 

Amelia is a beautiful woman but she has a cold heart.  That day was the only time Zain thought he saw a real emotion in her.  His own heart was troubled he was feeling down about a fight he had with his former lover.  They were working together in the same restaurant.  He grew tired of the men that would flirt with his lover in front of him.  His jealousy destroyed their relationship,  he suspects that Amelia Monroe destroyed the relationship she had with someone she actually cared about.  Zain believed the man Amelia loved was on her mind that day. 

His own lover had moved out the same day telling him he was moving on to a life without him and his controlling ways.  Zain didn’t want to focus on his own problems so he focused on hers.  She didn’t see the paparazzi taking pictures of her down trodden face.  Zain discreetly went to her table to tell her of the press that was approaching to get close up pictures. 

Amelia became emotional he never seen her this upset before.  He maneuvered her out of the restaurant, she trusted him to drive her home.  They sat in her garden talking for hours.  He learned she had an ex-husband and child she had not seen for more than ten years.  Her hair is changed to a golden blond.  Her eyebrows are arched and dyed.  She wears a tiny fake mole near her left eye to change her face yet she is still one of the most beautiful women he had ever seen.