Chapter 19

Third P.O.V.

Jessica looked at Piers and Melora.

I mean Melora.

Piers' words replayed in her head. Jessica got really suspicious.

Really suspicious.

Melora and Piers turned to Jessica, with worry deep in both of their eyes. They fucked up, and Jessica knew.

The next moment happened in a flash.

Jessica's stance changed quickly, she was reaching for something.

That something was a gun.

She aimed towards Melora.

She's the one that's not needed. The project could go on without her.

So, Jessica aimed at Melora's shoulder. Her left shoulder.

And Jessica pulled the trigger. She pulled it twice.

Piers reacted as well. Melora moved to her right, and Piers moved in front of his partner, Fabiola. The first bullet missed, but the second had hit Piers' mutated arm, near his shoulder. He cried out, and Melora was frightened.  Melora saw the exit wound in the back of Piers' shoulder. That's good, it meant they didn't have to worry about getting it out, and they could still run out. The front door was right there by them.

And Melora was armed with a small handgun that was hidden in the heel of one of her boots. It was a smart spot to hide a weapon, so the gun itself would have to be small. And it was, it only carried five shots.

Those five shots would need to be well spent.

Melora pressed an odd, very small, subtle button on the side of her boot, and out popped the gun from the bottom, which she quickly took aim at Jessica's thigh.

And she hit it.

Piers and Jessica we're both in pain. Jessica had reached for her thigh, but realized she had to get back into business and reality. Which was this battle.

But by then, Piers retreated behind the couch and Fabiola was aiming at Jessica's hand.

Fabiola didn't hit the hand, but she hit Jessica's forearm, and managed to make Jessica drop her gun.

Fabiola tugged on Piers' arm, and led him to the front door, which was locked. Fabiola didn't bother with the lock that needed a key, she shot it, and led Piers out, and the two ran.

It all happened in less than a minute. Too quick for Jessica to focus again. Jessica was frustrated. How could a little girl fight and win against Jess?

Piers was following Fabiola slowly, she was pulling him by his hand and they turned on a corner.